Where to finish prerequisite courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kidd8379

Reaction score
Hello, I am a 37 year old working man. I majored hotel management and graduated back in 2011.
Now I am in Georgia region and looking for a school that I can complete prerequisite course to apply to Pharm D program.
Would anybody possibly recommend me where and how to start?
sharing your experience and recommendation will be great help for the old man.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Do not go to pharmacy school. The job market is terrible and getting worse by the year. You will likely end up $200k+ in debt and have a hard time finding a job.

Reactions: 3 users
Do not go to pharmacy school. The job market is terrible and getting worse by the year. You will likely end up $200k+ in debt and have a hard time finding a job.
Are you saying that pharmacist job is dead?

Members don't see this ad :)
Please do yourself a favor and do not go into this profession. Even if you got lucky and happened to find a job after graduation, you'd be looking at ~$200K in debt to pay off and will be slaving away in a retail pharmacy. It takes a toll on your body especially since you would be in your 40s to begin with.

Kidd, have you ever worked in a pharmacy? Do that before you proceed any further, if you haven't. At that point, you'll know what you're getting into, and you will also have other dedicated practitioners tell you not to do it. :(

FTR, most prereqs can be done at a community college. Your colleagues, if you get a job, can tell you where to go, or not to go, if you do decide to dive in.

Community College is fine and cheap. Call the schools you are interested in and ask if they have any preference regarding pre-reqs. Some like some upper division courses (Biochem, Genetics) in 4 year colleges but those are rare. Find a job in a retail pharmacy (should be pretty easy now) and see if its a good fit. If you like it a lot and see yourself in that environment you should do well (hospitality customer service will transfer over very well).