Financial aid apps deadlines?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hokie4life

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is usually done after you get in but can I start applying for financial aid right now or at least submit paperwork to ensure I don't miss any deadlines because a lot of them are in mid-JUne and I dont' think I will even get approved by then?

I just submitted my online app so is there anything I can start doing to help speed up trying to apply for financial aid? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

each school has its own forms that need to be filled out along w/the online forms. contact your school and ask them what papers you need to fill out...I know OCPM asks for w2 forms as well as 1040's etc... I already filled mine out, so check with your school

you should try to do them as soon as possible. I know Scholl posted deadline, I believe it's for priority consideration, was May 18th.

But definitely check with each school you're interested!

Regardless of where you'll be attending, you should do your online FAFSA as soon as possible.

For the section that asks for the university, just put in the pod school you think you're most likely to go to. You can always "add/remove schools" later to switch to a different school, but at least you'll have all the other FAFSA info done (contact info, income info, pin number, etc). And, yes, when you are accepted to a school, the school itself will have a financial aid form. You need your FAFSA and the school's form done ASAP.

I think OCPM is a bit different because the school itself will borrow out some of your loans. That might mean a bit more paperwork or different forms than most other schools use...