Finally Took the OAT!

DrSpontaneouz83

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so for all of you stressing about taking the OAT..I so feel your pain. It was actually a lot harder than I had anticipated, especially the orgo section. The 2005 and 2006 practice tests from ASCO are A LOT easier but not quite as hard as the Kaplan tests. I got a TS 330 and AA 310, (yea, RC suuuckkkedd!). Best of luck to those needing to take it and GET SLEEEPP! It was mentally exhausting. :eek:

And for those of you who need study material I am selling my Kaplan OAT Book w/ Handbook and flashcards..contact me. The flashcards totally helped in the Bio section (my strongest section with a 350).

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, so for all of you stressing about taking the OAT..I so feel your pain. It was actually a lot harder than I had anticipated, especially the orgo section. The 2005 and 2006 practice tests from ASCO are A LOT easier but not quite as hard as the Kaplan tests. I got a TS 330 and AA 310, (yea, RC suuuckkkedd!). Best of luck to those needing to take it and GET SLEEEPP! It was mentally exhausting. :eek:

And for those of you who need study material I am selling my Kaplan OAT Book w/ Handbook and flashcards..contact me. The flashcards totally helped in the Bio section (my strongest section with a 350).

Congrats on getting the OAT behind you. I remember that feeling. Now get ready to be accepted!

Hey, way to get it out of the way. I took mine yesterday as well, knocked out a TS 350 and AA 330. I am curious if anyone can help me with these scores, I know that statisically 300 is the average, but what kinda scores are competitive. All I ever see posted on these pages are people bragging about their 370-380! And if you ACTUALLY scored that high, brag away. Just wondering where the competitive line starts.

Thanks guys, and for anyone still having to take the test, relax, study hard, and keep your cool. -T

Hey, way to get it out of the way. I took mine yesterday as well, knocked out a TS 350 and AA 330. I am curious if anyone can help me with these scores, I know that statisically 300 is the average, but what kinda scores are competitive. All I ever see posted on these pages are people bragging about their 370-380! And if you ACTUALLY scored that high, brag away. Just wondering where the competitive line starts.

Thanks guys, and for anyone still having to take the test, relax, study hard, and keep your cool. -T
i believe after 300 for most schools begins to be competitive, but of course the higher, the better. also, i think its also a balancing act with your gpa: a higher gpa offsets a lower oat