oh man...it feels so good to be done!
RC: 330
QR: 350
BIO: 390
CHEM: 380
ORGO: 380
PHYS: 380
A.A: 370
this is going to be a long one.... first ill tell you about the test - and then how i studied!

RC - this was clearly my worst subject! i was scoring about that with topscore and much higher (360) with acheiver. i started out writing the main point of each paragraph but ditched this method midway and ended up skimming the passages. im pretty sure i lost most of points in 1 passage. I would def go in with a set strategy that works for you. i guess it was pretty similar style wise to some of the topscore ones. im a little nervous about the 330 - im applying to SUNY - does anyone know if they look heavily at the RC section ?
QR- had a little bit of everything... a bunch of inequalities, and a few word problems. my prob was time, but otherwise not terrible.
BIO - i dont know how i pulled this one off... i never scored even close to this on my practice tests... it was def easier than topscore/acheiver. it really had a bit of everything (nothing too detailed). im trying to remember topics but it was the first section and my mind is a blur right now! if i think of them ill add it in later.
Chem - i know every1 has been saying this but there were very few calculations and the ones they had were really simple.... so i would focus more on trends on the periodic table etc.
Orgo - there were a couple of multi step rxns, i would know my sn1/sn2 along with enantiomers diasteriomers etc., a couple of trend q's so know things like b.p, polarity, acitdity, reactivity etc. (these arent exact q's - just giving you examples)
Phys- pretty similar to the sample OAT. not too complicated, mostly things like force, KE, acceleration, velocity, type q's with some optics, springs, fluid thrown in there. lot of conceptual q's and not as much calculations (although the ones given were pretty simple)

ok.. now... how i studied:
my top pick = Destroyer! i particularly liked the orgo and bio sections(very detailed answers which was great)- it was definitely a good buy. some stuff was a bit harder than the actual test- but it will definitely prepare you!... big fan!! (thanks Dr. R)
i used Cliffs AP bio since i hadnt taken bio in a while and highlighted as i went along - it covers everything in a clear and consice manner. i would read through it a couple of times and than go over the Destroyer.
- i always make review sheets for myself before every exam in school so i whipped all those out and constantly went over them memorizing all the main ideas. i would recommend making review sheets as you go along if you dont aready have them of all the main ideas/formulas ect. theres so much info so its good to go over these to keep the ideas fresh in you mind. i know i have the memory of a gold fish and so if i didnt constantly look over everything it would have forgotten everything!
i also used topscore and acheiver. they were good to help me with my time (because in the beginning i always ran out of time). but i preferred acheiver since it explained the answers. but (WARNING).. they were much harder than the actual oat so if you arent scoring that great with them do not be deterred!! my average was usually about a 340 when i used them.

anyways.. that pretty much all i have so say for now, hope this was helpful and good luck with your studying!

p.s - i didnt study much over the summer because i was taking orgo II and pretty much locked myself up in my room for the last 5 weeks... it was seriously tough and extrememly stressfull!! so plan it out better than i did so that you give yourself enough time so that you walk into the test feeling confident... ok now im really done!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, congrats niss!! you did awesome..your hard work paid off! Everyone applying to SUNY has almost perfect scores--I'm getting scared as I haven't taken mine yet,hahah. Goodluck with the rest of your application! :D

Nice work! I impressed that you did so well, especially since you took Orgo during the summer! (That class took a couple years off my life.)

All the best!

hey thanks so much! - i dont think im allowed to mention the specific topics for the RC (they'll just cut it out) but they were science/medical related. i though two out of the 3 werent so bad but i got a little stuck on one of them because it was jam packed with info and i didnt manage my time well. i didnt have a plan going into the test of how i was going to approach this section - so as long as you have an idea of what works for you than youll be fine!