This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabeavetsomeday

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a non-traditional vet school applicant. Does VMCAS use the most recent 45 credits in ANY program (e.g., a Masters program), or is it the final 45 of undergrad? I just finished an MPH and the GPA situation is much prettier than undergrad... *laughs nervously*

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure how VMCAS does it, but generally schools will calculate GPAs themselves rather than going off VMCAS. It depends on the school, some consider graduate credits and some don't. It should say on each school's website, or you can email or call them!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone,

I am a non-traditional vet school applicant. Does VMCAS use the most recent 45 credits in ANY program (e.g., a Masters program), or is it the final 45 of undergrad? I just finished an MPH and the GPA situation is much prettier than undergrad... *laughs nervously*
Your best bet is to contact the schools you're planning on applying to directly. Every school has a bit different of a way of calculating the GPAs so it's best to just see what the specific schools do.

Reactions: 1 user
It may vary by school, but UC Davis, which places a lot of emphasis on the last 45 units, used my last 45 units of coursework no matter where it was from, as long as it was for credit. For me that included post-bacc and masters coursework only - no undergrad. However they also calculated my science GPA which did include undergrad coursework. (This was last year’s cycle, by the way.)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user