Program-Specific Info / Q's FGCU OT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorvot

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I wanted to connect with others who have also applied to FGCU. It is one of my top choices and I'm getting anxious since I know they give interview invites pretty soon. Hopefully, we can keep each other updated. I have already submitted my app, the deadline is today and I heard last cycle people started hearing interviews only days after the deadline. good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I wanted to connect with others who have also applied to FGCU. It is one of my top choices and I'm getting anxious since I know they give interview invites pretty soon. Hopefully, we can keep each other updated. I have already submitted my app, the deadline is today and I heard last cycle people started hearing interviews only days after the deadline. good luck everyone!

Hey! So I’ve seen from other posts that you and I have applied to/gotten into the same programs lol. I got into USA and Nova so far, and today received an invite for FGCU. But I also applied early to FGCU (early November). Can I ask what your top choice for school is?

Hey! So I’ve seen from other posts that you and I have applied to/gotten into the same programs lol. I got into USA and Nova so far, and today received an invite for FGCU. But I also applied early to FGCU (early November). Can I ask what your top choice for school is?
Hey, i applied to FGCU early as well, so hopefully i'll hear soon! i'm guessing they called you? I am still quite indecisive, but as of right now my top choices are FGCU/FIU/Nova. I am from the Miami area so i've been to FIU's and Nova's campus but I don't know too much about FGCU

what school are you leaning more towards?

Hello guys!
I applied to FGCU as well. Do you guys mind sharing your stats?
Overall GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.6
GRE: 303
GRE Writing: 3.5

Hello guys!
I applied to FGCU as well. Do you guys mind sharing your stats?
Overall GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.6
GRE: 303
GRE Writing: 3.5

Overall: 3.62 (this is OTCAS though.. in reality it's a bit higher).
Science: 3.93
GRE: 303 Writing 4

FGCU is big on service learning (I did my undergrad with them). I have 5 years as a mentor with big brothers, big sisters, 1 year with an autism group, a few months with a local NICU and then the OT observation and volunteer hours.

As of now, still haven't heard anything :/

Overall: 3.62 (this is OTCAS though.. in reality it's a bit higher).
Science: 3.93
GRE: 303 Writing 4

FGCU is big on service learning (I did my undergrad with them). I have 5 years as a mentor with big brothers, big sisters, 1 year with an autism group, a few months with a local NICU and then the OT observation and volunteer hours.

As of now, still haven't heard anything :/

I’m really nervous since I don’t have a lot of volunteering hours! I haven’t heard anything either :/

My top schools are UF and Nova. Have you submitted your Nova deposit yet? I know they only give us a couple of weeks..

No but im submitting my deposit pretty soon because I know UF and FGCU won’t be letting us know of an acceptance by the deposit deadline. UF doesn’t do any interviews so that’s a relief

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too! I got the call Thursday. Congrats to everyone! When are your interviews scheduled?

Reactions: 1 user
Mine is Feb 1st. I don't think they will be sending out any news about acceptance until after all of the interviews have been conducted, so I doubt we will hear anything about a decision until Feb 23rd.

I have an interview on Feb 8th at 1pm!

Does anyone remember what the format of the interview will be? I couldn't hear Trinity very well while she was explaining it. Thanks!

Does anyone remember what the format of the interview will be? I couldn't hear Trinity very well while she was explaining it. Thanks!

She said that there would be 2 different rooms where the faculty member will ask questions and each room, we will be in there for about 10 minutes.

I got a call Friday and I'll be interviewing on the 15th! My other option was the 8th but I had other commitments for that day. Does anyone know what percentage of people who have interviews get accepted? Congrats everyone!

I got a call Friday and I'll be interviewing on the 15th! My other option was the 8th but I had other commitments for that day. Does anyone know what percentage of people who have interviews get accepted? Congrats everyone!

I saw from the past forum that they invited about 60 people to the interview and about 32 got accepted.

I have mine this day at 11!

Has anyone heard anything specific about interview questions?

Also, I am kind of nervous because if I (hopefully) get accepted, I am still waiting on another school where I currently live who doesn't get back until March! Hope I don't run into the same problem I had with Nova and have to decline (the school I am waiting until March for is my number 1). Anyone else running into this issue?

Mine is Feb 1st. I don't think they will be sending out any news about acceptance until after all of the interviews have been conducted, so I doubt we will hear anything about a decision until Feb 23rd.

Hey! May I ask how the interview went?

Had my interview recently - couldn't turn the nerves off the entire time unfortunately but they are all very nice and no super unexpected questions! Typical 'tell me about a time when' kind of stuff. Just be yourself and remember they're all rooting for you to do well!!

As a sidenote, does anyone else still have to take pre-reqs there the summer before? I'm nervous about that too - not finding out until late February if I'm even accepted, and needing to figure out tuition/loans/finances, housing, and enrollment all before May! :scared: I know I'm worrying before I even know if I have to worry, but does anyone have any advice on that front? Thanks in advance!!

Had my interview recently - couldn't turn the nerves off the entire time unfortunately but they are all very nice and no super unexpected questions! Typical 'tell me about a time when' kind of stuff. Just be yourself and remember they're all rooting for you to do well!!

As a sidenote, does anyone else still have to take pre-reqs there the summer before? I'm nervous about that too - not finding out until late February if I'm even accepted, and needing to figure out tuition/loans/finances, housing, and enrollment all before May! :scared: I know I'm worrying before I even know if I have to worry, but does anyone have any advice on that front? Thanks in advance!!

Can you give some examples of the type of questions they asked? “Tell me about a time when..” I’ve never had an interview before so I’m so nervous!!

I’m taking the pre-reqs the summer before. I’m also nervous about all of that! Did they say when they will make decisions about acceptances?

Can you give some examples of the type of questions they asked? “Tell me about a time when..” I’ve never had an interview before so I’m so nervous!!

I’m taking the pre-reqs the summer before. I’m also nervous about all of that! Did they say when they will make decisions about acceptances?

Hey! I had my interview recently at FGCU. They were very standard interview questions. Why did you choose to apply to FGCU, what was your biggest personal challenge, etc. The professors were very kind and friendly and the current students were really nice too.

Reactions: 1 users

Don't be nervous! It was pretty laid-back - the questions are standard questions to see your reactions and thinking basically (time when you experienced conflict, time when you achieved something great, etc.). Just remember honesty and being yourself are more important than any "good" answer - I think they want to see you as a person, not know you can craft the perfect response, you know?

I didn't ask any of the professors directly, but you get to meet some current students as well, and most of them said probably late February for decisions? I've seen some posts saying people have interviews in late February still, so probably sometime closer to the start of March is my guess. I thought the application process was hard, but this waiting period is a whole new level of stress!

Keep us updated and good luck on the interview! I'm sure it'll be fine :)

Also, don't forget to prepare questions to ask your interviewers!

let’s keep each other updated with acceptances Good luck for those of you who have interviews soon! Def prepare questions to ask- that took up a large portion of the interview for me.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when they’re sending out the first wave of acceptances?? I had my interview February 1st and am getting very anxious haha

Does anyone know when they’re sending out the first wave of acceptances?? I had my interview February 1st and am getting very anxious haha

A current student said it took about 2 weeks for her to hear back.

Reactions: 2 users
Me too! I was really starting to get worried. Do you know how we find out? Email/phone call/mail?

Good luck everyone!!

Hi guys, first year FGCU OT student here!
I wouldn't expect to hear back until after the final interview day is over (which is Feb. 23rd). Last year, I know they waited until all interview days were over to start any sort of deliberations. As someone who spent a solid month constantly stressing about my acceptance and refreshing my email a freakish amount of times, my advice is to keep as calm as physically possible; I wasted so much time and energy being worried for nothing! Some of my friends got accepted a week after interviews were over, but I happened to be accepted a month later, even though I wasn't on a waitlist of any kind. Not sure why it happened the way it did, who knows! I know it's much easier said than done, but everything will work out for the best, I promise! Best of luck to everyone, and don't stress too much if possible :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, first year FGCU OT student here!
I wouldn't expect to hear back until after the final interview day is over (which is Feb. 23rd). Last year, I know they waited until all interview days were over to start any sort of deliberations. As someone who spent a solid month constantly stressing about my acceptance and refreshing my email a freakish amount of times, my advice is to keep as calm as physically possible; I wasted so much time and energy being worried for nothing! Some of my friends got accepted a week after interviews were over, but I happened to be accepted a month later, even though I wasn't on a waitlist of any kind. Not sure why it happened the way it did, who knows! I know it's much easier said than done, but everything will work out for the best, I promise! Best of luck to everyone, and don't stress too much if possible :)

Hey, thank you for this! My interview was really early in February so naturally I've been losing it for a few weeks now. It helps to read this and remind myself to just chill and wait it out....even as I sit here forcing myself not to open my email for the 10th time lol. I figured it would be quite late into February as they still have interviews to conduct, but expecting that doesn't make it any easier. Ah, well. What will be, will be.

Here's to 2 more long weeks of all of us practicing our zen skills!

Check your emails guys, I got accepted earlier today!!!!!!!!

I had my interview February 1st, and did not receive an email yesterday/today. The 2 that got accepted above were interviewed Feb 1st, I think.

I had called trinity Tuesday to see when they were sending out acceptances and she said they will be sending them out for two/three more weeks!!!! I’m sure they’re just working their way to you :) don’t stress!!!!!!!

I had called trinity Tuesday to see when they were sending out acceptances and she said they will be sending them out for two/three more weeks!!!! I’m sure they’re just working their way to you :) don’t stress!!!!!!!

Hi! Thanks for the update. Do you know if they will be sending out all of the acceptances in 2-3 weeks or are they doing it by rounds of interviews? Like people from the 1st, then the 8th, then 15th, etc