feu-nrmf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princesslexxie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone from feu here? pls tell me more about your school... (which hopefully would be my school too.. next SY).. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi im also interested in FEU, have you pass your application in FEU?

later i will... look for Ms. Belen when you get there... God bless...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the official website of FEU?
Is it true that the donation for foreign student is $ 6000?

When is the deadline for FEU?

yes, it's true that you have to pay $6000.00 as "goodwill fee" (as what they call it)... deadline of application is on January 12, 2007. God Bless.:)

My option is either FEU or UERM. But since it is cheaper at Feu, especially the good will fee or what so ever it is, i choose FEU. Im just wondering is there any indonesian studenet there? or alumni from indonesia?
;)

My option is either FEU or UERM. But since it is cheaper at Feu, especially the good will fee or what so ever it is, i choose FEU. Im just wondering is there any indonesian studenet there? or alumni from indonesia?
;)

Application fee for FEU is $400 for foreign students.... you pay it before you are even accepted, or choose to go there. I think that's excessive.

True, 400US is too much. :smuggrin: But they have the cheapest donation money which is only 6000US comaper to other top schools which is 10000US. well you pay more a couple of hundreds but later on you will thousands of dollar :cool: when you are accepted at Feu.

I went to the FEU-NRMF today. It is far away from Manila. Hours of journey spent to reach the campus. Headache and sweats were parts of the journey. I didnt expect that the campus is hiden in the jungle:D .
I asked the registar office and there is no indonesian student there:eek: . Hahaha.... well still donation fee is cheaper than others.:thumbup:

Prospective students should think very carefully before laying out money for unjustified fees. Application fees of $400 are blatant rip-offs. You are paying $400 for a $20 service. Where is the value for money? It doesn't exist. There is no reasonable justification for high fees like that.

A prospective student might try to rationalize it by saying that he is getting into a top quality school, but does that $400 application fee come with a guarantee of acceptance? And if it does, what is the purpose of the application process if people with $400 are automatically given acceptance letters. Why don't they just cut through the BS, and just sell the acceptance letters for $400 down on C.M. Recto along with the fake diplomas, drivers licenses and other bogus paperwork.

If a school wants to charge it's foreign students a higher rate, then fine, under the current system in the Philippines, that is an accepted practice. But these schools should have transparent and rational system in place, where everybody knows what's what.

The current system at many of the Manila schools with high application fees, donations, and goodwill fees is poor business practice. Why do they need to use these techniques and euphemisms? A used-car salesman is more transparent in his dealings than some of these medical schools.

What worries me most is the lack of rational thought behind these financial practices. If these schools are going to treat you like a cash cow and throw unexplained euphemisms at you like ''donation'' or ''goodwill fee'', then how will they deal with you six months or a year down the road when you have a real problem, and you expect them to be rational and sympathetic, and to help you with your difficulties. Schools with irrational practices in the beginning are more likely to deal with you irrationally further down the road.

Remember, this issue of quality among medical schools in the Philippines is a very vague one. It seems that schools are ''quality'' because they proclaim it so, or because their pushy graduates insist it is so.

For students planning a career in the states, the bottom line is that very few people in the states will give a damn which Filipino school you went to. If you are a sharp, hard-working student, who makes a consistent effort at school in the Philippines, then there are a wide number of schools in the PI which will help you acheive success.

If you really like one of these schools with the $10,000 @donation@, then you should go there if you have the money. But you will NOT get $10,000 of extra value, and you will NOT read the book any more than you would at a cheaper school.

A $10,000 up-front donation is a very shady practice, and one that is certainly unworthy of these schools supposedly great reputations. What happens to that $10,000 if you flunk out in the first year? What happens if you discover that you are unsuited to life in the Philippines?

If these schools were really concerned about you as a person and a student then they would spread these fees out over four years. Paying a donation up-front makes no more sense than paying all four years of tuition up-front.

The issue of quality at schools in the Phlippines is one that should only concern local Filipino students. For foreigners (including Fil-Ams) it is much more important to pick a school that will deal with you rationally, that will help you with visa issues and local practices that may initially confuse or bother you, and that is in a safe comfortable location that you will enjoy.

The study will be done by you, and big up-front fees or over-grown local reputations will not change that.

Medical school is a big investment. One of the tenets of good investing is that a $1 investment should be just as sane and rational as a $1 million investment. Don't lose your rationality just because you are spending pesos. Consider you school carefully and don't limit yourself to those schools that promote themselves as ''exclusive''...because the bottom line is...they are NOT exclusive...thay just try to promote themselves as such.

FEU is a great school, but not very foreign student friendly. In my time there were just a handful of us there and the numbers are slowly dwindling. Further, they are limiting the number of months you can do clinical rotations here in the U.S.. If I were you, check out Fatima College of Medicine. They have tons of foreign students and will let you do most of your rotations in the US.

FEU in my time had a very high and strict kickout rate, FYI that donation is not refundable! I was fortunate to not get kicked out, but many friends of mine didnt make the cut and that donation went to my FEU.

There are alot of great facutly at FEU and the students are very cut throat. Fil-ams as they would call us are often the subject to a lot of scrutiny so be at the top of your game. Just my two cents.

Pm me if you have questions

FEU does have a reputation of kicking out students if they dont make the cut-off. Its a practice made by several schools in the metromanila area trying to weed-out students who don't perform well. Instead of trying to look into problematic areas the school simply drops them off the list.

To my knowledge UST is a little bit more stringent when it comes to failing students. if 50% or more of the class fails in a major examination, the questions are submitted to the medical education board to validate the difficulty and to justify the exam questions. Recommendations will then be made should the exam be repeated or not. This helps to keep the quality of education uniform and to make sure the type of questions given is justifiable for medical students. It also helps ensure that professors just dont pluck out questions from any medical books.

Schools which have high attrition rates might have a problem. There is a dwindling number of med school applicants. Even FEU have slightly more than 200 1st year students (they used to accept close to 400 students). They will need 4th year students as clerks for their hospital and there are too many schools competing for fewer students.
Most of the alternative schools that don't require a big donation fee (they should just call this foreign acceptance fee) are located outside Metro Manila. FEU is a good school but you have to consider other schools if you don't plan to practice in the Philippines.

sorry not currently discussion related, but my parents went to feu-nrmf, class of '76 and '78, i think.

hi, ive made it to FEU (yey!)... and im now a sophomore as regular student (*proud*)... im just glad this thread that ive started a couple of years back is still alive.

FEU is better than what i thought it was. :)

Quality education. :)

hi, ive made it to FEU (yey!)... and im now a sophomore as regular student (*proud*)... im just glad this thread that ive started a couple of years back is still alive.

FEU is better than what i thought it was. :)

Quality education. :)

Hi princesslexxie,
just wondering what the "donation fee/ foreigner fee" is? since you go to FEU, and that's one of the school choices that I have.

Hey everyone! I miss FEU! How have things been in the institue for the past few years. I'ts been a while since I've been back, not that I'm out of the country. Actually, I'm jut here doing residency at a university hospital in the vicinity of Espana Manila. Balitaan nyo naman ako about the Institute of Medicine and the Medical Center where I spent 4 years in med school and 1 year of post graduate internship. Haaaay! I miss the cool early morning air and the smell of burning leaves in the morning! Those were the days of lunchtime shiftings, sleepless nights during the majors, and the nerve wrecking waiting during the pomotion boards! I'm just an FX ride away, maybe it's about time to pay a visit to FAR-VIEW.

- Hi, after 4 years of sleepless nights, heart burns and anxiety attacks. at last i'm on my 6th month of rotation as a clerk in feu-nrmf. well, i think feu-nrmf is a good school for those people who really want to learn and ready to give up their social lives for it. they will throw as many examinations as they can just to keep u reading. try asking the 2nd year studs and a bunch of reporting for the 3rd year. before, i really dont know why are they doing it. but now, i think its the only way that they can make us keep reading the knowing important stuff. so for those who are already in feu, keep it up. as one of my previous professors said, " its only 3 years of hardship". and for those who wants in.. enter at your own risk.

how are med med students nowadays? have there been any changes since 04? since 06 i've been exposed more and more to ust medical students. i wonder how it is in feu now? and also how are our teachers?

Hi is there anyone here who knows Vhen Rivera? He is a med student in FEU and currently an intern.