Fellowship placement stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makesomerheum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any websites that give fellowship placements from different residency programs?

Members don't see this ad.

makesomerheum said:
Are there any websites that give fellowship placements from different residency programs?

Email the program directors, get their email addresses from the Freida website. I did it for cards/gi placement stats at UCLA/UCSD/Harbor/Cedars and found surprisingly that each program their placement is near 100% placement into GI and Cards, though occassional one person will not match from year to year. UCLA placed all nine applicants to Cards this year into program! Though, all four of these residency programs seem to match people into prestigious academic programs consistently. Of course, these are the high end programs in Southern california, so I think it may be skewed a bit. USC (where I go to med school) has terrible placement in GI and Cards, like 1 of 16 matching in Cards this year!!! but they do well in Heme/Onc.

If anyone has more stats they can share, I'm sure that many people in the forum would be interested.