Fellowship 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,
Hope all is well........ well my journey to find a sleep fellowship has ended. I finally got an offer from Wayne State. For all of you who are still interviewing....try Univ. of New Mexico, Temple, Jefferson, and UT southwestren. They are still looking. PS UT southwestern is under probation by ACGME. Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

UT southwestern probation is definitely news...I wonder why its on probation...how did you know about that?

Congrats Psych IV....Isn't wayne state a pulmonary program? If that's so, then that is good news for all psychiatry residents in years to come...If psychiatry residents are really interested in sleep medicine, they should not lose courage to apply to pulmonology driven sleep programs...

Anyways, my journey to sleep fellowship ended too..

Other fellowships that are still looking are: NY medical college, Lifespan Hospital/ Brown RI, possibly Univ of Nebraska

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure how competitive a background in family medicine would be for sleep fellowships? Can someone please tell me about the programs who are 'FM- friendly' ( since I have mostly seen Pulm/CCU and Neurology guys go into this)?
Also, what steps can I take during my residency to be competitive for the fellowship application? Thanks!

Last edited: