Fellow out for Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SubZeroX

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a year away from finishing my GI fellowship but am having some trouble figuring out which offers are best for me. I am looking mainly in the Maryland/Virginia area on the west side of Washington D.C. Due to COVID-19 I have only had had talks over the phone or zoom with recruiters and physicians in the area for now. State GI societies have also not been meeting due to the pandemic. In terms of average compensation for the area, I have come across varied numbers so not sure what I should be expecting.

Do any attending physicians here have any advice on certain things to look for when offered a contract? I am mainly looking at employed practice and hybrid (if there). Most models offer a base rate + possible RVU and/or quality bonus. Also I am told of a possible buy in option for ASC's at a large health center after 2 years at an employed practice which I have never heard of outside private practice.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you please comment on job market and availability of jobs. Also can you please post the offers you are getting as well as hrs/week + call schedule.

I'm also interested in the DMV job market. Following this thread for more information.

Hello everyone, I am a year away from finishing my GI fellowship but am having some trouble figuring out which offers are best for me. I am looking mainly in the Maryland/Virginia area on the west side of Washington D.C. Due to COVID-19 I have only had had talks over the phone or zoom with recruiters and physicians in the area for now. State GI societies have also not been meeting due to the pandemic. In terms of average compensation for the area, I have come across varied numbers so not sure what I should be expecting.

Do any attending physicians here have any advice on certain things to look for when offered a contract? I am mainly looking at employed practice and hybrid (if there). Most models offer a base rate + possible RVU and/or quality bonus. Also I am told of a possible buy in option for ASC's at a large health center after 2 years at an employed practice which I have never heard of outside private practice.
This is a very non specific thread and further, such threads with 'certain things to look for' are already all over the internet as well as on WCI forum.

If you want actual specific help individualized to your situation, please give details on your offers including compensation (just change it a little bit for anonymity), partnership track, vacation, practice type, etc.