Feeling Seriously Overwhelmed

beatnik10884

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am signed up to take the OAT on Sept 10 and I feel like I still have so much to cover. I just graduate this past May (biology, 3.64) and I basically have to reteach myself all the core sciences with the exception of Bio (the only section I feel confident about). I have been studying for two months, and my grasp on physics is really low:(, with only 2 weeks left. How do you guys suggest I approach this, just memorize equations?what major subject must I absolutely must try to just drill (i.e. kinematics, optics/lens, momentum) and learn? what could I just discard? ***any responses are seriously appreciated.

I have been using MCAT book, Kaplan Oat (small),Oat achiever (just got this week), as well as internet & textbooks.

Members don't see this ad.

i studied off the exam krackers book for physics and i practiced problems using oat achiever. i bought oat achiever 1 week before my test. don't feel bad about ur oat achiever scores. i got a 280 for physics on oat achiever but ended up getting 380 on the real test.

i just memorized that equations that i saw in the oat achiever solutions section. i also memorized units so that i can use dimensional analysis whenever i can

good luck

Try not to stress--I was in the same boat. I also studied out of the MCAT Exam Krackers and found that the actual test questions on the OAT were much easier than the practice problems I had struggled through--especially for physics. As for the Bio and Chem stuff I went through notes from my classes and used my old AP Bio Cliffs edition from high school to review general concepts and then supplemented with exam krackers.

*sigh* I feel the same way! I was -supposed- to take the OAT yesterday, but I actually postponed it. I took a practice kaplan test yesterday and scored really well on ochem,bio, and chem (380-400s) yet still received 300 for RC,QR, and Physics!! I have been studying since late June off and on and have been really 'hardcoring' the last month.. School starts tomorrow too:(..hooray. I feel your pain! hopefully we'll do great come test day. Does anyone know if kaplan's scores are accurate? I've ranged from 30/40 to 36/40 correct on RC and my scores are always hovering around 300-330.

I think we have all been in this boat. Don't stress too much! It's really not as hard of a test as it seems to be. OAT Achiever in my mind is a waste of time. I used it and only finished like one test. It's WAY harder than the real test. I guess if you want practice problems that would work.

Memorize equations for physics and do some practice problems. Just memorize the main equations. Nothing will be too specific. I wouldn't worry about inertia and nothing much on rotational type stuff. Do include momentum though. The best way to know what is on the test is to do practice problems. Practice, practice, practice! I didn't feel 100% confident when I took my test, but I ended up doing WAY better than I thought I would (360AA and 370 TS). I'll take it! So just have confidence in yourself, study hard for the last two weeks. And when you feel like you can't do anymore, take a break and then go rock the test.