Feedback Needed - Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jnobleny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of applying to Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine and pursuing the 5th pathway program. Can anyone provide feedback on the following:

-application process -- they charge $1000 to apply and this is non refundable if you get in but decide not to go and doesn't apply to tuition - this cost seems very fishy
-professors, program of study, facilities - how would you rate them?
-an American living in Guadalajara/4-years of immersion in Mexico - how hard is it?
-clinical rotations starting your first year - this sounds cool but is it really?
-fifth pathway - how much of a hassle is it really? you've got to pay for a 5th year of medical school -- is it worth it? -- does it help you with the match process?
-Fifth Pathway students do NOT graduate from a foreign medical school. Fifth Pathway students receive NO medical diploma from the U.S. medical school sponsoring their Fifth Pathway year of clinical education. They receive a 'Certificate of Completion,' which is accepted in lieu of a diploma in virtually all U.S. licensing jurisdictions. - so can I get a job with this really?

Members don't see this ad.

the school sucks big time

Hello jnobleny!
Visit the website http://www.valuemd.com/index.php and look for the UAG forum, there you might find the answers to your questions. As any other med school UAG has a lot of good things and bad things but that's only my opinion.
Good luck!

wam_256 said:
Hello jnobleny!
Visit the website http://www.valuemd.com/index.php and look for the UAG forum, there you might find the answers to your questions. As any other med school UAG has a lot of good things and bad things but that's only my opinion.
Good luck!

The URL you suggested was very helpful. Thank you.