Day in the life of a UAG or UDG student Mexico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cedenov

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has attended UAG in Guad Mexico or even UDG can you give me some insight into what a typically school day looks like. What would be required of me? Are lectures taped and available to view so lectures wouldn't be mandatory? From what I understand there is 4 years of Academic study and 1 year of social service is this still the case? Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

@cedenov Depends on whether you are looking for the program to practice in the US or if you want to stay in Mexico. I can tell you all about the program to go back to the US.

@cedenov Depends on whether you are looking for the program to practice in the US or if you want to stay in Mexico. I can tell you all about the program to go back to the US.
Can you tell me more about the program and how to go back to the US? Are you currently a student there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who has attended UAG in Guad Mexico or even UDG can you give me some insight into what a typically school day looks like. What would be required of me? Are lectures taped and available to view so lectures wouldn't be mandatory? From what I understand there is 4 years of Academic study and 1 year of social service is this still the case? Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

I am current UAG student finished 3 semester as international student, lets see first semester is usually a mixed schedule; you have your lecture classes, PBLs (Problem Based Learning), and Clinical class. Your days may be around 3-4 hours of lecture and an hour or two more due to the PBL and clinical class. After that it is a lot of self study because its a lot of info in a short period of class time, so they may go over a topic too quickly and it can be highly tested on the exam. The try to do "high yield topics" meaning what is "high possibility" of it being asked in USMLE. Classes are in English, some professors speak better than others but you can still understand them well. They are very open to office hours in case you need some extra help on a topic or lesson.
Hope this helped!

Reactions: 1 user
I am current UAG student finished 3 semester as international student, lets see first semester is usually a mixed schedule; you have your lecture classes, PBLs (Problem Based Learning), and Clinical class. Your days may be around 3-4 hours of lecture and an hour or two more due to the PBL and clinical class. After that it is a lot of self study because its a lot of info in a short period of class time, so they may go over a topic too quickly and it can be highly tested on the exam. The try to do "high yield topics" meaning what is "high possibility" of it being asked in USMLE. Classes are in English, some professors speak better than others but you can still understand them well. They are very open to office hours in case you need some extra help on a topic or lesson.
Hope this helped!

If I may ask, what made you decide to go there?