FDU PHARMACY CLASS OF 2021 (ENTERING 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PHARM_ 2021

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
FDU PHARMACY CLASS OF 2021 (ENTERING 2017)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have an interview on the 3rd of april, very excited!

Reactions: 1 user
Is FDU is an good school for pharmacy. I got into Husson University, it is in Maine and it is not the greatest area since there is nothing around the school but they do give out merit scholarships which can cover some of the room and board. Since I live in New Jersey, FDU always been the school. Does the ranking matter in terms of Pharmacy school? I am sure FDU is an great school. But the only thing that is unattractive is that they are an private school and their tuition is ridiculous.

As you can tell i'm a PhamD candidate, thus i do not have first hand experience to answer that. However, i have been researching the same question of whether ranking matters or not. I'm on the dilemma of choosing between Maryland (9th rank) and LIU (77th rank). From what i've understood from many of other posts is that, if you are just going to work in a retail or in a pharmaceutical company (heard mixed things about this) then ranking wouldnt matter. Tuition and the rotations settings are to be prioritized. So calculate which would save you the most money and as for FDU its a bit risky because its a new school, and i wouldnt know how many solid preceptor sites they have.

I know at the end of the day an PharmD degree is an PharmD degree but sounds prestige matter especially if you are getting an professional degree for pharmacy from an highly ranked school? Perhaps that is true at an point but I am sure if you want to work in an hospital, you are required to complete an residency to be consider but it seems that where you completed your pharmD does not matter. I've consulted one of my friends who attends Howard for Pharmacy and she told me the ranking really does not matter. At the end of the day, the factors that matter is the price of the school and the scholarships they are giving to you. I believe FDU is accredited already, I know they were an candidate many years ago. Husson does not even have an rank which worries me but most of the students that graduated from there went to retail, about 80%. And that is pretty scary. As for you, does ranking matter because if it did...then I would choose Maryland. If ranking does not matter then choose the school that would give you opportunities during the school year and during the summer to build your resume.

I work with two pharmacists who were the first graduating class of FDU and they all say it was great. I also know that they prepare you very well for the NAPLEX exam so you could take it right after graduation. I've been in the retail world for quite a while and have not seen school ranking affect anyone.

I work with two pharmacists who were the first graduating class of FDU and they all say it was great. I also know that they prepare you very well for the NAPLEX exam so you could take it right after graduation. I've been in the retail world for quite a while and have not seen school ranking affect anyone.

I've talked to the admission committee and it seems that they have partner up with a lot of companies and hospitals in NJ. And I was curious about schools being new, but there are alot of schools that were recently added, such as Larkin Health Sciences Institute College of Pharmacy(this school is in their candidate status) and I am sure it is an great school but its fairly new like FDU. So I see your point. If the school does an great job preparing you for the NAPLEX and the state exam, that is what matters and you are able to get an job then the ranking of the school should matter to some extent. Retail is much different to hospital and the industry but students from FDU have been able to land industry jobs as well as fellowships so I guess it matters what kind of student you are.

Plus if anyone wants to know about the interview process, just DM ME. It was NOT hard. I had my interview this Monday and it was so chill, it was because this is my third interview. They do not get tough, they keep you relax. So be yourself.

Is anyone going to FDU pharmacy and need a room? There is one available with an upperclassman.

House available, need a female roommate. Living with 3 other females who are P2. Move in date is July. Preferably someone mature

How was the Interview? I hope everything went well
The interview is not too bad. Just be yourself! smile.. dress professionally and be prepared to answer questions about your personality. Tell me about yourself? Why Pharmacy? Why this school? Just read about the school and know the core tenets. You interview with 4 members and you should prepare some questions to ask them!! Good luck I interviewed and got accepted the next day!