Favorite Places!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eastofnorth

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think this forum needs something lighthearted to focus on. What are your special places in the UK and Ireland? Especially students who have been transplanted from their hometowns (no matter how far!) -- have you found a place that inspires/motivates/gives you peace?

:)

Members don't see this ad.

eastofnorth said:
I think this forum needs something lighthearted to focus on. What are your special places in the UK and Ireland? Especially students who have been transplanted from their hometowns (no matter how far!) -- have you found a place that inspires/motivates/gives you peace?

:)

Whenever I go to London I take an entire day and go to the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew. Even if you are not interested in the gardens, it is a wonderful place to go and unwind. Pack a picnic lunch and just enjoy being out in the country.
In Cork I like to go to Fitzgerald Park to read and watch the birds (when it isn't pouring rain, which it is at the moment!). Kinsale is also worth checking out - good shopping, nice walks, great scenery.

The Garden of Rememberance in Parnell Square

Members don't see this ad :)
The Beer Bar in the Glasgow University Union. :D

In Glasgow, the Botanical Gardens can be great in certain areas, but in others there's a lot of Ned activity. Kelvingrove Park is even more peaceful, but you usually have to get there before 8pm in the evening to avoid the male rape gangs. :)

Loch Lomond, which is just a short train ride away from Glasgow, is very scenic and peaceful.

When I'm back in Ireland and I need to chill out for a weekend, nothing beats heading up to Connemara.

dr strangelove said:
The Beer Bar in the Glasgow University Union. :D

In Glasgow, the Botanical Gardens can be great in certain areas, but in others there's a lot of Ned activity. Kelvingrove Park is even more peaceful, but you usually have to get there before 8pm in the evening to avoid the male rape gangs. :)

Loch Lomond, which is just a short train ride away from Glasgow, is very scenic and peaceful.

When I'm back in Ireland and I need to chill out for a weekend, nothing beats heading up to Connemara.

:) My dads from Connemara....spent a good bit of time there as a child...very beautiful..Carraroe, Carna, Clifden..all good places to lose and find yourself. The cliffs of Moher in county Clare are also a great ( if somewhat dangerous ) place to find some peace and quiet in this crazy messed up world. Finally Lough mask in county Mayo....great fishing and a good pint of Guinness to be found along its shores ( particularly the tourmakeady side ). In General I like the East coast ( Dublin etc.) to party, and the west coast to chill, relax. Much like the states. :D