FAP Discontinued?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrthoDreamer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been looking into the Army HPSP and FAP programs. The other day I was told that the FAP program for active duty Army is being discontinued. Has anyone else heard this? Is it true for Air Force and Navy as well? Is FAP reserves still available? If anyone knows, could you let me know?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

With all respect to the Army guys on this forum, I would not trust much of what the army says.. I don't have much personal experience with them (actually I don't have any), but I know they are hurting bad for Docs (worst than the other two branches by far), and desperate times sometimes cause people to not be so ... well .. Forthcoming with information..

I know the Navy's FAP is alive, in fact I was just referred a resident that wants to sign (he was referred to me so that I may answer some questions that he has).

Good luck
A.

aatrek said:
With all respect to the Army guys on this forum, I would not trust much of what the army says.. I don't have much personal experience with them (actually I don't have any), but I know they are hurting bad for Docs (worst than the other two branches by far), and desperate times sometimes cause people to not be so ... well .. Forthcoming with information..

I know the Navy's FAP is alive, in fact I was just referred a resident that wants to sign (he was referred to me so that I may answer some questions that he has).

Good luck
A.

Had a conversation with an Army health care recruiter about 2 weeks ago during which FAP came up. He said that FAP for the Army has been brilliantly unsuccessful, and HPSP (and USUHS) is basically the only way they're getting new physicians. Didn't say anything about the program being discontinued, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did the Army HPSP recruiter tell you this? I would not put it past an HPSP recruiter to say something like that in order to try and get you to sign now. I imagine that some of us would have heard about it before if FAP was really getting shut down (it would be a big deal).

Sledge2005 said:
Did the Army HPSP recruiter tell you this? I would not put it past an HPSP recruiter to say something like that in order to try and get you to sign now. I imagine that some of us would have heard about it before if FAP was really getting shut down (it would be a big deal).

Exactly.

I hope that pisses you off that the recruiter would lie to your face like that just for his numbers. Doesnt that make you wonder what else he/she has lied about.