Failed Ocular Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rainbow12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I failed ocular anatomy. I tried my very best this semester to do well but I was under so much stress that I just couldn't pass this class. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now..guess wait for the dismissal letter from my school. I failed one class...would I have to repeat the whole year again?

Members don't see this ad.

What opto school do you go to? Sometimes if it your 1st time failing a class they put you on academic probation. If it happens again then you are dismissed. But like KHE is saying, it matters on your school's specific policy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our school policy is repeat the course . So you would be held back for one year .

Go the professor of the class and ask for a retake exam? Go to the dean and speak to him/her. Repeating a year because you failed one course sounds harsh. Back in the days when I was in school, if you failed 2 or more courses in the year or had a low GPA below 2.00 you were held back and had to repeat the year.

If they ask you to repeat the year b/c you failed ocular anatomy -get out!
Reapply to another Optometry school indicating the circumstances or pick another profession. You'll be doing yourself a favor. IDK your stats from undergrad but go into medicine. If you are stressed out personal issues - seek counseling, take time off and come back.

I sure wouldn't repeat a year in OD school. HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!

GLTY!