Failed CPJE x2 — Any advice?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacy@2020

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have failed twice with 1 point off!
What should I do differently next time?
what should I use a question bank?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you should try this tutor that I saw on Facebook page. I have heard from friend of mine that it’s good, like tutor exactly tells you what you need to know to pass exam. The group name is CPJE/Naplex online tutoring, it’s on Facebook and I think tutor name is Kimia. Once again, I haven’t used her service but Friend of mine have used it and it was success and I read her Facebook page reviews too. Many people said she helped them pass. Good luck!

Hi all,
I'm a foreign grad. pharmacist and looking for a pharmacy internship in MA, i tried many pharmacies, but i haven't received any response. is anyone can help me to find a position?

Thank you,
Sherry
First of all, are you Sherry or Kate? You mentioned before that you only failed by 1 point so I would continue doing more practice tests and pay more attention to the wording of the sentences since English may not be your first language.

I think you should try this tutor that I saw on Facebook page. I have heard from friend of mine that it’s good, like tutor exactly tells you what you need to know to pass exam. The group name is CPJE/Naplex online tutoring, it’s on Facebook and I think tutor name is Kimia. Once again, I haven’t used her service but Friend of mine have used it and it was success and I read her Facebook page reviews too. Many people said she helped them pass. Good luck!
I was next to my friend during his session with Kimia and to be honest I dont think she's that great. She does not know lots of clinical. She charges $95/hr and you have to do at least 2 hours with her. That is really expensive for someone who has failed and has to reapply to that expensive test. I told my friend to let me just listen to her and I did. She has a very thick accent and it's hard to understand her. Second, she took the test recently, back in May or June. Her private session is more like asking you a bunch of questions to see you can answer it. It's more like chit chating. She does not really explain anything but she comes with a term/mnemonics to help you memorize something she thinks important. BUT I think you can do it on your own too--> Come up with your own mnemonics to memorize things better. She's not writing the test so she doesn't know what to expect either. I wouldn't spend that much for a tutor; especially with her skills, but you don't know until you try out. Maybe you will like her. Who knows.

CPJE is a test that requires you to know lots of brand/generic and of course clinical and law.
I studied 1000 brands/generic. I also went over rxprep for clinical. for law, I read Rxprep CPJE book only. I passed with 87.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was next to my friend during his session with Kimia and to be honest I dont think she's that great. She does not know lots of clinical. She charges $95/hr and you have to do at least 2 hours with her. That is really expensive for someone who has failed and has to reapply to that expensive test. I told my friend to let me just listen to her and I did. She has a very thick accent and it's hard to understand her. Second, she took the test recently, back in May or June. Her private session is more like asking you a bunch of questions to see you can answer it. It's more like chit chating. She does not really explain anything but she comes with a term/mnemonics to help you memorize something she thinks important. BUT I think you can do it on your own too--> Come up with your own mnemonics to memorize things better. She's not writing the test so she doesn't know what to expect either. I wouldn't spend that much for a tutor; especially with her skills, but you don't know until you try out. Maybe you will like her. Who knows.

CPJE is a test that requires you to know lots of brand/generic and of course clinical and law.
I studied 1000 brands/generic. I also went over rxprep for clinical. for law, I read Rxprep CPJE book only. I passed with 87.i
i see, yeah I heard she is very expensive. I think she charged my friend 85/ hour. I didn’t get chance to observe my friend like you did. I wish I did. I failed my CPJE first time and I haven’t taken it yet. I am getting licensed in another state and will take it later in the year but I am super scared too. I think this tutor was expensive for sure but I guess when you are really desperate to pass you have no choice but to spend that money. i hope I don’t have to go through this situation. I feel like I can study on my own for second time and pass it. For first time though I didn’t take the exam seriously and just took it becuase my work people were behind me to just pass it so I took for sake of taking it. I regret it so much.

i see, yeah I heard she is very expensive. I think she charged my friend 85/ hour. I didn’t get chance to observe my friend like you did. I wish I did. I failed my CPJE first time and I haven’t taken it yet. I am getting licensed in another state and will take it later in the year but I am super scared too. I think this tutor was expensive for sure but I guess when you are really desperate to pass you have no choice but to spend that money. i hope I don’t have to go through this situation. I feel like I can study on my own for second time and pass it. For first time though I didn’t take the exam seriously and just took it becuase my work people were behind me to just pass it so I took for sake of taking it. I regret it so much.
I mean for those that had it with her and passed, they did not think that they studied so hard and they passed it on their own. I wouldn't spend that much for her session. I saw someone posted that they had 30 sessions with her to pass. That's just too much. Only rich people can afford that. Seriously, you just have to study hard and pray. It also depends on luck. Goodluck with your MPJE in whatever state you are studying for.

Reactions: 1 user
you should warn her that her license may be on the line if she gets caught from BoP ... if she actually cares about her license that is! There was an incidence with a tutor a while back that got sued a LOT of $$$ due to tutoring students on CPJE board exam... even though she or he may not be giving out questions on the exam

you should warn her that her license may be on the line if she gets caught from BoP ... if she actually cares about her license that is! There was an incidence with a tutor a while back that got sued a LOT of $$$ due to tutoring students on CPJE board exam... even though she or he may not be giving out questions on the exam
Lol like I mentioned in my post I didn’t use this tutor. And she has big audience, if you check her Facebook group. So I am sure she is aware of it and people openly post reviews on her and they are all public. Also probably she isn’t even licensed who knows. I haven’t used her so I don’t know her credentials.

I studied 1000 brands/generic. I also went over rxprep for clinical. for law, I read Rxprep CPJE book only. I passed with 87.
Thank you very much for your advice! I will try to study harder and memorizing more brands then. hopefully will pass it...
Do you happen to know what will happen IF someone fails 4 times and has to take 16 courses? How long does it take to take them? where can I get more info about that?

where can I get flash cards for 1000 brands/generics? What was your source?

Thank you very much for your advice! I will try to study harder and memorizing more brands then. hopefully will pass it...
Do you happen to know what will happen IF someone fails 4 times and has to take 16 courses? How long does it take to take them? where can I get more info about that?
I don’t understand why are people so obsessed with practicing In California after failing for 4 times. This should be your call that you should probably move to another state and work. There is nothing so great about that state. The state has gone downhill and is out to get your money. The board is bunch of thieves. This is stupid.

I don’t understand why are people so obsessed with practicing In California after failing for 4 times. This should be your call that you should probably move to another state and work. There is nothing so great about that state. The state has gone downhill and is out to get your money. The board is bunch of thieves. This is stupid.
I totally agree! i'm already licensed and employed in another state. Moving to Cali is just my family issue! that' s why I'm worried!