Faculty of Medicine-Cairo univeristy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amr Mazen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,All
its my first post
wishing to be profit person
iam medical student at 6th year,Faculty of medicine -Cairo University-Egypt
so Can we can Good Members
Kind of Regardes:)

Members don't see this ad.

What's uppp, I'm starting my first year at Kasr El Ainy in 3 days!!! Just found out my tanseeq results a week ago.

Good luck with your 6th year and on the usmle if you plan to take it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Palestinian duc,

In my opinion Cairo University Medical School (Kasr el Ainy) is one of the best in Egypt. I'm only in my first year but so far everything's gone well and I feel like I'm getting a good quality education. The doctors that give lectures in the college are really good, they explain things well but they teach half in English and half in Arabic. The lecture notes that are published by the departments (the books we use to study for midterms/finals) are also good quality; the English is good and they're much easier to study and memorize than textbooks. There are also private lessons (droos) that you can take in centers by Kasr el Ainy (I do this because they have small class sizes and it's easier to understand things than in the big lecture hall because you can ask the professors questions, etc in the centers). There are a lot of non-Egyptian Arabs here (Palestineans, Saudis, Jordanians, etc.) and also non-Arabs and overall it's a good community.

I hear Ain Shams is also an excellent school, some say it's harder than Kasr el Ainy but anyway it has a good reputation and you'll get a good education there as well (as good as it gets in Egypt anyway).

I saw your question about private medical schools in Egypt on another post: I don't personally know about conditions at O6U or MUST, but I know that they're both accredited, like the public schools. I do have a friend at MUST medical though, and their books and lecture notes are a lot more summarized and simpler than the ones we study at Kasr el Ainy. This might be good if you want to pass/do well in med school, but if you plan on taking the USMLE then you will probably need a very strong education in the basic sciences. Anyway, a lot of people graduated from MUST and O6U and were able to successfully pass the USMLE steps, so I think you should just decide how much you want to spend on medical school/location/how much you want to memorize (tons of memorization at public med schools) :laugh:

What's uppp, I'm starting my first year at Kasr El Ainy in 3 days!!! Just found out my tanseeq results a week ago.

Good luck with your 6th year and on the usmle if you plan to take it.

hey there, I'm transferring to Kasr El Ainy and I'm afraid of the evaluation tests I'm going to have, coz I don't know what topics have been taught this past semester, I know you must be in year 2 now, but I'm sure you might remember your first semester, so I 'd really really appreciate it if you could help me out.
thanks.

hey there, I'm transferring to Kasr El Ainy and I'm afraid of the evaluation tests I'm going to have, coz I don't know what topics have been taught this past semester, I know you must be in year 2 now, but I'm sure you might remember your first semester, so I 'd really really appreciate it if you could help me out.
thanks.

I'm in year 4 but i think this link should be helpful
http://www.sciencesway.com/vb/f187.html?langid=2
it's an Egyptian forum, there are many of Kasr El-Ainy students :)

i am an egyptian student living in the UAE, i am finishing my IGCSE requirments this year and i am intrested in applying to medical schools in egypt.
my problem is that i've started hearing really bad things about the government universities, that is cairo university and ain shams university, how they are falling apart and how the students can hardly learn anything during lectures and that there are no well equipped labs or any facilities,
at the same time, 6th of october university is starting to rise up, and people say it had all needed equipment and labs, and the professors are available, and the class size is moderate, but others still say that the professors there and not so good, is that true? and is it internationally recognised?, also what is the USMLE?
which universities have a higher academic level for students?

i am an egyptian student living in the UAE, i am finishing my IGCSE requirments this year and i am intrested in applying to medical schools in egypt.
my problem is that i've started hearing really bad things about the government universities, that is cairo university and ain shams university, how they are falling apart and how the students can hardly learn anything during lectures and that there are no well equipped labs or any facilities,
at the same time, 6th of october university is starting to rise up, and people say it had all needed equipment and labs, and the professors are available, and the class size is moderate, but others still say that the professors there and not so good, is that true? and is it internationally recognised?, also what is the USMLE?
which universities have a higher academic level for students?

Hey Menna, getting into egyptian medical schools is really hard coz it only depends on your high schools scores and you have to have like 97%+ so ask around and see what's your IGCSE score equivalent in the egyptian system.

As for the medical schools themselves, since they're all government universities, they differ from alot from the private ones, i hear there's a private med school, 6th october or sth so i don't really know much about it. I can't answer much of your questions about egyptian med schools since i'm not enrolled in one.

But i can tell you about the USMLE, it's the United states Medical licensing exam. It's an exam american medical students take so they can practice medicine, and international medical students take it as well if they want to do their residencies or practice medicine in general in the states.

Anyway, Good luck :) if you have any questions PM me.

hey new member and still a high school student
with a question.
what would be the requirements to getting into a pre-med program in Egypt?
cause i am a girl living in Canada and not exactly sure.
i would really appreciate it!

hey new member and still a high school student
with a question.
what would be the requirements to getting into a pre-med program in Egypt?
cause i am a girl living in Canada and not exactly sure.
i would really appreciate it!

Hey,

First there's no premed programs in Egypt except for the one in the American University in Cairo and it's a private school www.aucegypt.edu and you have to have another major along with it, some would advice you to do a biology major and get it over with, but whatever major you feel it's appealing to you go for it.

And, as long as you're already living in canada, i suggest you do your bachelor's in whichever college you want in canada and take your prereq. there and go to a medical school either in the US or canada

If you're asking about how to get into the Egyptian medical schools, that's another story :D it's different than the canadian or the american way.
You go to medical school right after high school and your admission is depending on your high school scores, and you undergo a process where they screen your scores and do not accept people less than a certain score and stuff like that.

Anyway, let me know if you need any other info ;) Good luck :)