Factor V Leiden Pt Mutation Zanki

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blockrudder1

Reaction score
Can someone explain this? I thought it was a G -> A mutation, but G -> Q? Thank you in advance!
1582333770446.png

Members don't see this ad.

Point mutation from Guanine (G) to Adenine (A) causes an amino acid substitution from Arginine to Glutamine

Edit: this, in the long run, does not matter. I was in your (presumably) pre-Step 1 shoes not too long ago. Do not sweat things like this. It is not worth the stress and frustation. Zanki, while helpful, has a lot of information that is highly specific and extremely unlikely to be tested in any Qbank, let alone the real Step 1.

Reactions: 1 user
Point mutation from Guanine (G) to Adenine (A) causes an amino acid substitution from Arginine to Glutamine

Edit: this, in the long run, does not matter. I was in your (presumably) pre-Step 1 shoes not too long ago. Do not sweat things like this. It is not worth the stress and frustation. Zanki, while helpful, has a lot of information that is highly specific and extremely unlikely to be tested in any Qbank, let alone the real Step 1.
Oh wow, base vs AA. After so many cards I think I lose my common sense.

Thank you! That advice is really reassuring.