F30 and government shutdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoaoMoutinho

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of us with F30s, does a government shutdown have any impact on getting our paychecks or otherwise drawing from our funding (to travel for a conference etc)?

Members don't see this ad.

If you already received your funding distribution, not... There will be a delayed, if it happens, in moving funds from NIH to institutions. Institutions can set PID or accounts, and start accumulating expenses as long as a NOA has been received.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the information! In my case, I've been getting funds disbursements for a little while now.

Just to make sure I understand, even if the NIH isn't sending the money to the institution (or it's delayed), my institution should just pay me that money and then they'll get the money back from the NIH eventually?

Members don't see this ad :)
Updating for the sake of history. The shutdown was averted thanks to a CR that kicked the problem down by 45 days (Wednesday, November 15, 2023).

Then Kevin McCarthy was booted out of the Speaker's Chair the following Tuesday, and the House of Representatives is "frozen" until the Republican conference selects a new speaker. The clock to November 15, 2023, still runs.

Looks like the upcoming study section I'm sitting on is gonna be pro bono.

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users