Extreme Long Distance Relationships

Wacaggie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to applaud any couples who are surviving during an extreme long distance relationship. This is for all of those couples with spouses in the military or are stuck with jobs in a completely different area of the country or out of country. I have been on a business trip in China for the past few weeks while my wife is in her third year rotations in Texas. Having a 13 hour time difference makes it essential to plan communication and that planning and sacrifice of waking up early and giving up some late dinners is the only reason why I think these past few weeks have gone so smoothly. I also don't know what I would do without free internet communication, email and audio (next time I will buy some web cams for video). We already had "long distance" practice during her first year of med school while we were engaged which was only really 2 hours difference were we learned that communication is the key to success. For all of those that have long term long distance relationships I applaud you and urge you to keep up persistent communication and trust.

Members don't see this ad.