Externship Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quidbert

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am applying for Rad Onc externships for 1 specific month (July). Could anyone recommend a safe number of programs to apply to in order to have a safe shot at obtaining 1 externship? (I know this is impossible to say for sure, but I want an impression on the competitiveness of the process from those who have done this in previous years)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am applying for Rad Onc externships for 1 specific month (July). Could anyone recommend a safe number of programs to apply to in order to have a safe shot at obtaining 1 externship? (I know this is impossible to say for sure, but I want an impression on the competitiveness of the process from those who have done this in previous years)

Thanks!

Depends on the program. I applied to one (Mayo) and got it. Probably the best thing to do would be call the place you're most interested in and find out if they typically have many more applicants than they can take.

I would start the application process now, esp if you want a spot in July or Aug. many programs will fill up and others just have a painfully long application process.