Externship Anki Deck - Topics to include?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted913442

Hello everyone!

I plan on making an Anki Deck at some point in the future once life gets a little more settled down. I was just curious what topics you all think I should include that could help you brush up on things, such as anatomy, instruments, and other potential pimpin' questions. Once I have it compiled, I will be releasing it. Not sure when that will be though.

What other pimpin' questions have you been asked that were out of the ordinary?

I have seen accessOMFS's advice on this and will be peaking at that as well, but would love as much input as possible!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I guess this falls under anatomy but specifically innervation and blood supplies should be a focus.

Reactions: 2 users
I guess this falls under anatomy but specifically innervation and blood supplies should be a focus.

Noted! do you think muscles of facial expression as well? I know muscles of mastication is major of course as well as the floor of mouth.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
reiterating the above. blood supply and innervation to common soft tissue flaps would be helpful (radial forearm and anterolateral thigh). generalized head and neck anatomy, pharyngeal arches and pouches (embryo), common pathology like ameloblastoma etc., and radiographic anatomy (pano, cbct, etc)

Reactions: 1 users
reiterating the above. blood supply and innervation to common soft tissue flaps would be helpful (radial forearm and anterolateral thigh). generalized head and neck anatomy, pharyngeal arches and pouches (embryo), common pathology like ameloblastoma etc., and radiographic anatomy (pano, cbct, etc)

ah yes, my favorite - pharyngeal arches and pouches

def will utilize that dirtyusmle mnemonic

Reactions: 1 user
Hey bro, have you made the Anki deck? I’m looking in doing an externship here soon and would greatly appreciate if you could share it!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey bro, have you made the Anki deck? I’m looking in doing an externship here soon and would greatly appreciate if you could share it!

Still in the works - i'm trying to make it as in depth as possible and get some revisions on it.

I did an externship in August and honestly got pimped on nothing. If anything, just review head and neck anatomy!

Ah sick, where did you extern at? I took the CBSE after my 1st year and got a 200+ so now I’ve been looking for externships and have only found one so far that I can do but the rest still seem to be shut down. Bummer cause I got the test done early so I could have more externship weeks in by the time I apply.

Ah sick, where did you extern at? I took the CBSE after my 1st year and got a 200+ so now I’ve been looking for externships and have only found one so far that I can do but the rest still seem to be shut down. Bummer cause I got the test done early so I could have more externship weeks in by the time I apply.

PM me (it's not letting me PM you)