Experiences with and opinions of Reimbursify

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sighchiatry

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

This is an interesting idea for those of us out of network.
But it also seems like it would add more daily work/hassle for a service that none of my patients have asked for or know exists.
I am curious to hear others experiences.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't even look at the website.

I discourage submitting bills to insurance companies as OON.

Submit claims if in network, and everyone else is cash pay. Provide the cash pay a super bill they can submit themselves if they request. To your point, save yourself the work.

I say this, because I have sampled submitting to some insurance companies I knew I was OON or didn't know I was OON for. There are some that return an EOB to you/patient, saying the patient owes nothing, you can't collect anything, and they won't pay you anything. Of course, you are OON and they can't say that, but on the chance the patient reads that EOB and gets snarky, do you really want that headache?

Keep it simple. Those you are in network with submit per usual to the insurance company. Everyone else gets the cash pay rate (and supply patient superbill only if they request it).

Reactions: 3 users
I use it, but I do not submit patients' superbills for them. It's been most helpful for potential new patients to run their insurance benefits and see how much their PPO will reimburse. That takes like 1 minute and sometimes I'll do that when I'm having an introductory call with patients. It has certainly gotten people in the door and so has been worth the cost to me this first year. (But is has also not been 100% accurate (in that it doesn't pull up ALL insurances); but it's pretty good.) I also always tell patients that it's always a good idea to verify the info with their insurance if they'd like.

I toyed with submitting people's superbills via reimbursify, as I've seen other practices offer that service. But as Sushirolls says, too much work and I just don't want to get that involved.

I don't think any of my patients actually use reimbursify to submit their superbills though--they just use the online portal their insurance offers.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have the pro version and I have multiple patients file claims on it every week. They are very happy with it. I forget that I even have it sometimes since I don't submit superbills on their behalf or deal with Reimbursify since the first month when I was learning how to use it. My patients download their own superbill from my EMR. I have about $100k in visit fees that have been filed through them this first year of using them, so it seems worth it for my practice. A majority of of my patients don't seek reimbursement from their insurance for their care. I consider it a private decision between them and their insurance.

Reactions: 1 users
I use the pro version and have found it inconsistent with errors in many claims submitted. Support is not helpful and I have been sucked into resolving issues with claims which defeats the purpose of being OON to begin with.

Reactions: 1 user