This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed8888

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Eligibility document disappeared today (my eligibility would have lasted a number of months still). This does not have a bearing on pass/fail anymore from my understanding but DOES say scores are coming back this next week.

Anyone else expecting? How are you feeling?

Members don't see this ad.

Took it on freaking mid Nov 2016 at houston. Permit is still there. How is this fair that i have to wait another week when people who took much later than me already got the result? This is absolutely ridiculous. I have been checking email all day for nothing. Stress level has been through the roof.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
12/8 in ATL---Passed

Borderline in ICE

Please study for this exam. I am pretty sure they are just going to make this exam more difficult in subsequent years. So do yourself a favor study FA and practice with a friend. I am positive that the pass rate for AMG will creep towards ~90%

Future lurkers STUDY STUDY STUDY. Leave nothing to chance!

Yes advice to all future test takers is to read FA cover to cover at least once-- give your self at least 2-3 days to study full time for CS or you will be a lot more anxious during the wait. I recommend role playing all the cases 1x, and go through the minicases on your own 2x. Read the instructions and tips at the beginning several times.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank goodness that is over....that exam can literally go choke on a camel phallus while receiving a hefty gang beating followed by group urination all over it. Over. Done.

Hello, any IMG that could help me... I took my CS on 12/12. I was expecting to get my score today, but did not receive any email, so I logged on my OASIS account just to check, and I found that the field that says "Exam date" on the step 2 cs section is blank, (and the score report date was blank too), so my question is if it should be at least the date the exam was taken or will appear after I get my score report? anyone checked OASIS after taking the exam but before receiving the results? I am worried because there was an incident during my exam, the center manager told me that there had been an administrative error, so I don't know what to think...

Hello, any IMG that could help me... I took my CS on 12/12. I was expecting to get my score today, but did not receive any email, so I logged on my OASIS account just to check, and I found that the field that says "Exam date" on the step 2 cs section is blank, (and the score report date was blank too), so my question is if it should be at least the date the exam was taken or will appear after I get my score report? anyone checked OASIS after taking the exam but before receiving the results? I am worried because there was an incident during my exam, the center manager told me that there had been an administrative error, so I don't know what to think...

I took it mid Nov and didn't get the result
It's so stupid

Passed! Forgot to clean stethoscope on half of my encounters. Forgot multiple parts and even full parts of physical exam. Had mostly 2 ddx on at least half of the cases. Notes were ok and left out most of the un-pertinent sections if patient said no to family hx or whatever. Thought I made tons of mistakes. I only skimmed through the FA CS 2015 once the day before the exam. No practice, no nothin'. Came off of anesthesia rotations and hadn't done a real H&P in like 4 months. I barely passed my school's OSCE. Ended up passing anyways. Just make sure to have a quick differential for common complaints. Counsel and be polite and empathetic. Answer their questions. Write a note. I hope it all goes well with everyone too! What a useless test! Minimal effort, minimal grade... P=MD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Permit disappeared for me soon after i took the exam , 4 months before the expiration of my permit .. so not sure how this applies to me lol

12/8 in ATL---Passed

Borderline in ICE

Please study for this exam. I am pretty sure they are just going to make this exam more difficult in subsequent years. So do yourself a favor study FA and practice with a friend. I am positive that the pass rate for AMG will creep towards ~90%

Future lurkers STUDY STUDY STUDY. Leave nothing to chance!
Congrats on passing, pleases share ur ICE experience?

Got my PASS today. Borderline in ICE, like many others. There was definitely some room for improvement on my notes and some physical exam maneuvers. Maybe stethoscope cleaning/hand washing? Used gloves for each physical. Anyway, glad to have this behind me. Eff this test.

Reactions: 1 user
Passed.

But damn that moment between opening the score report and seeing the score had me trippin.

Took it on freaking mid Nov 2016 at houston. Permit is still there. How is this fair that i have to wait another week when people who took much later than me already got the result? This is absolutely ridiculous. I have been checking email all day for nothing. Stress level has been through the roof.
Hey did you end up gettign your score report? I took mine Nov 16 and still haven't got it :(

H
Got my PASS today. Borderline in ICE, like many others. There was definitely some room for improvement on my notes and some physical exam maneuvers. Maybe stethoscope cleaning/hand washing? Used gloves for each physical. Anyway, glad to have this behind me. Eff this test.
Congraats.. but, what do u think caused ICE borderline?? How focused were u? Gd diagnosis??

Passed! Thanks be to God! AMG, took in Chicago in late December during a gap year between MS3/MS4. Had minimal clinic volunteering to keep me up to speed with exam skills, went through FA one time thoroughly, one time quickly with partners for about 3 weeks. Nothing in borderline, but pretty widespread range of X's (11). ICE just barely outside the borderline area (the furthest left X was beside the borderline area, but not in it). CIS in the middle. SEP "higher performance."

For future people, bad things I did and still passed:
- Started to gel my hands when I realized I wanted to examine a patient's eyes. I got gloves on, but was asking questions while I got them on.
- Had a bit of an awkward moment when I tried to create small talk while washing my hands, couldn't tell if the topic was taboo
- Only counseled ONCE during closings regarding ANYTHING preventative
- Answered a challenge question in 10 seconds as I was walking out the door
- One case I had NO CLUE what was going on, to the point where I went down four rabbit trails, only one or two of which were related to the chief complaint, but all of which were relevant to how the patient was presenting. I could not for the life of me figure out if there was a trick to the case I was missing, but nevertheless, got through it and typed up a DDx related to the CC.
- Forgot OBGYN hx when it was relevant on one case
- Another case I felt completely out of it, asked the same questions multiple times, felt like I was pulling teeth and getting nothing relevant.
- Was only able to complete a full cranial nerve exam once; oftentimes, only got through only a few before moving on to another relevant neuro exam, although I was only able to get through everything I wanted in a neuro exam once.
- Forgot HEENT exam components I wanted to do a few times
- Quickly jumped to a definitive conclusion on challenge comments made by patients due to overzealous empathizing, rather then hedging first on some cases that had more nuanced issues.
- Forgot obvious "next steps" for common diagnoses a few times
- Forgot which exam findings correlated with which diagnoses a few times

Suggestions for the future:
- Come in with a plan and stick to it. I had an established rhythm for asking FHx, SHx, PMHx, and HPI before preparing, so I simply enhanced it by preparing for possible ROS scenarios and adding a bit of supplemental Q's for the previously established areas.
- Prepare with a partner. I don't think I would have gotten the pace of the cases quite right otherwise, plus it allowed me to get some physical exam patterns down.
- Mini cases in FA are gold. I did a quick review prior to the exam just to get in the zone of what sort of DDx and work up I should do for a given CC. Scribble a few of those down to jog your memory in case you run out of questions prematurely.
- If something funky happens, roll with the punches and move along. Two of the cases I had I shook my head after trying to figure out what I could have done. Take a deep breath, write the note to the best of your ability, and take on the next case.
- Ask about your patients' lives when washing your hands. It can help you relax, build some communicative trust, and also gives you space to think out your physical exam strategy.
- I always did a basic core exam, i.e., auscultation heart/lung, just in case. Gives you time to plan next moves, while also demonstrating a "thorough" exam.
- GET SOME REST before the exam to the extent that you can! I am horrible about this, but it really helps if you want to avoid overly caffeinating yourself during breaks, thus leading to frequent restroom stops :p

Hope all goes well to those still waiting!

Last edited: