Exciting Opportunity for Bright Students in Transition Year b/w UG and Med Schoo

https://medlinkanesthesia.com/
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EBC23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, attached is an advertisement for the current position I hold, as I will be transitioning to medical school, our team is looking for bright, earnest individual who's sincerely interested in a career in academic medicine/surgery. I do not want to sway individuals who are of lesser credentials, but we are looking to recruit the brightest students across the country, and I know many of them peruse this website on a regular basis. From my own experience, I can tell you I will be presenting at an international conference, have co-authored several manuscripts, as well gained clinical experience that is unmatched. Please PM me with your Resume/CV, and list of references, and it will be forwarded onto our recruitment coordinator and Division Chief. Thanks!!!

Note: This position is only for students in a transition year between UG and Med school who can devote a full academic year commitment.

New York University Division of Wound Healing and Regenerative Medicine Pre-Doctoral Research Fellow

Job description: This pre-doctoral fellowship is an excellent opportunity, providing unprecedented exposure to clinical case management, basic scientific research and clinical outcomes. There is ample opportunity for publications and presentation at national conferences. It is a great position for recent college graduates interested in gaining full exposure to academic medicine preceding their matriculation into medical school. The pre-doctoral fellow will be actively involved in the outpatient clinic, inpatient surgical service and operating room, as well as the basic science laboratory.

Program description: This program focuses on solutions for the elderly, diabetic and disabled suffering from chronic wounds. Millions are afflicted with diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, and venous ulcers every year. For this group, the costs involved in treatment and the risks of amputation are unacceptably high. Alongside the growing incidence of diabetes and our ageing populatiion, the wound epidemic will continue to spiral out of control.

Primary responsibilities:
  • * Research current literature. Collect, analyze, and review data for presentation, publication, and grant proposals.
  • * Review institutional protocol materials and grant proposals. Update institutional protocol materials as necessary.
  • * Collect human specimens. Obtain consents from research study subjects.
  • * Learn proper wound photography to track rate of healing, and to update patient database
  • * Administrative duties, (e.g., ordering of laboratory supplies).
Job qualifications:
* Interest in academic medicine as a career
* Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college or university
* Exceptional work ethic and communication skills.
* Strong technical writing skills
  • * Adept experience with the following computer applications: Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, and a knowledge of programming languages is also preferred.
This position requires a 12 month full-time commitment.
Applicant must provide a writing sample, curriculum vitae, and references.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in a transition year and would be interested in this position. Please tell me how to contact you since I am not sure what you mean by PM

Hi all, attached is an advertisement for the current position I hold, as I will be transitioning to medical school, our team is looking for bright, earnest individual who's sincerely interested in a career in academic medicine/surgery. I do not want to sway individuals who are of lesser credentials, but we are looking to recruit the brightest students across the country, and I know many of them peruse this website on a regular basis. From my own experience, I can tell you I will be presenting at an international conference, have co-authored several manuscripts, as well gained clinical experience that is unmatched. Please PM me with your Resume/CV, and list of references, and it will be forwarded onto our recruitment coordinator and Division Chief. Thanks!!!

Note: This position is only for students in a transition year between UG and Med school who can devote a full academic year commitment.

New York University Division of Wound Healing and Regenerative Medicine Pre-Doctoral Research Fellow

Job description: This pre-doctoral fellowship is an excellent opportunity, providing unprecedented exposure to clinical case management, basic scientific research and clinical outcomes. There is ample opportunity for publications and presentation at national conferences. It is a great position for recent college graduates interested in gaining full exposure to academic medicine preceding their matriculation into medical school. The pre-doctoral fellow will be actively involved in the outpatient clinic, inpatient surgical service and operating room, as well as the basic science laboratory.

Program description: This program focuses on solutions for the elderly, diabetic and disabled suffering from chronic wounds. Millions are afflicted with diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, and venous ulcers every year. For this group, the costs involved in treatment and the risks of amputation are unacceptably high. Alongside the growing incidence of diabetes and our ageing populatiion, the wound epidemic will continue to spiral out of control.

Primary responsibilities:
  • * Research current literature. Collect, analyze, and review data for presentation, publication, and grant proposals.
  • * Review institutional protocol materials and grant proposals. Update institutional protocol materials as necessary.
  • * Collect human specimens. Obtain consents from research study subjects.
  • * Learn proper wound photography to track rate of healing, and to update patient database
  • * Administrative duties, (e.g., ordering of laboratory supplies).
Job qualifications:
* Interest in academic medicine as a career
* Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college or university
* Exceptional work ethic and communication skills.

* Strong technical writing skills
  • * Adept experience with the following computer applications: Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, and a knowledge of programming languages is also preferred.
This position requires a 12 month full-time commitment.
Applicant must provide a writing sample, curriculum vitae, and references.