Exam Krackers Audio Osmosis CD's.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gorillaRN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Scott and I am an RN in Missouri with a BSN. About a year into Nursing school was bit by the "I want to be an MD" bug. While nursing is a terrific field, it is different than medicine in many aspects. I wish to become a Doctor of Emergency Medicine. I love the ER and love to deal with trauma and medicine. My mind is now made up that to gauge if I would be able to get into Medical school, I am taking my MCAT in January. I know with my nursing non-science degree (although I did have a chemisty minor) I would probably be best suited for a D.O. program.

In order to prepare for my studies, I ordered Exam Krackers because I wanted to have a good base for subjects I hadn't had in a few years. I began studying in October and have pretty much dedicated my free time from now on to this test.

Today I just found the actual guide to follow on what to read and on what days, so I had been reading the entire chemistry book, doing each chapter 3 times and was about to have my head explode.

I did have a question, for someone doing this prep or who has taken the MCAT, I only ordered the prep books (not the 1001 questions) and I was wondering if the Audio Osmosis is worth the money? How did it help, was is a great addition to the books? Does it offer much more than just reading alone?

Thanks to all of you and I hope to be discussing which medical schools we are all attending in the near future
icon_biggrin.gif

Members don't see this ad.

For me, I found the Audio Osmosis a helpful tool in learning, since I was always on the go: commuting to/from school, commuting to/from work, jogging, etc. The audio did reinforce some MCAT related materials, except for the corny jokes. With that being said, the audio could not have replaced the books (as the audio had some errors in them).

I would say, that the problem set books (1001 questions) help tremendously, esp. the verbal. If anything, I would definitely recommend buying those books and practicing those problems.

I found audio osmosis to be rather useless. Maybe at most you can listen to bio if you've got a commute or something but I can't imagine sitting down and actually listening to any of it while trying to do serious studying.

Hello everyone, my name is Scott and I am an RN in Missouri with a BSN. About a year into Nursing school was bit by the "I want to be an MD" bug. While nursing is a terrific field, it is different than medicine in many aspects. I wish to become a Doctor of Emergency Medicine. I love the ER and love to deal with trauma and medicine. My mind is now made up that to gauge if I would be able to get into Medical school, I am taking my MCAT in January. I know with my nursing non-science degree (although I did have a chemisty minor) I would probably be best suited for a D.O. program.

In order to prepare for my studies, I ordered Exam Krackers because I wanted to have a good base for subjects I hadn't had in a few years. I began studying in October and have pretty much dedicated my free time from now on to this test.

Today I just found the actual guide to follow on what to read and on what days, so I had been reading the entire chemistry book, doing each chapter 3 times and was about to have my head explode.

I did have a question, for someone doing this prep or who has taken the MCAT, I only ordered the prep books (not the 1001 questions) and I was wondering if the Audio Osmosis is worth the money? How did it help, was is a great addition to the books? Does it offer much more than just reading alone?

Thanks to all of you and I hope to be discussing which medical schools we are all attending in the near future
icon_biggrin.gif
I used both the Exam Krackers series and Audio Osmosis, AO is not near the benefit that the books provide obviously...My advice is go through the chapters, forget the end of chapter questions, do the practice MCAT sections at the end, and MAKE SURE YOU BUY the AAMC old tests online and take as many as you can...I'd say if you devote about 5 weeks of serious studying you'll be fine... don't start too early or you'll get burned out and burn out everybody around you by talking about it too much. Good luck, EK is by far the best - especially for the verbal section - rated the best on the market. Oh i forgot...take the EK quizzes off the Exam Krackers website...if nothing else it keeps your mind focused on mcat questions for at least 10 minutes a day. they are quick and you can monitor your progress. Start that ASAP and enjoy the process, it is actually kind of enjoyable.

Last edited: