Exam Krackers 10th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorlazo

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! New to this forum, and I know there is much discussion on the topic..but I am trying to decide how to begin studying for this beast. I have a whole year, i think I will begin by doing all of EK and order my own full length exams from other sources..does anyone know if the 9th edition varies much from the 10th? I can get the 9th for 190$ and the 10th for 270$. What would you do? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Content books won't matter much at the end of the journey. There won't be a concept or factoid in 10th that wasn't in 9th, that is high-yield enough that you won't have seen if you study properly over the next year. Go with either edition, or any other set that works best.

I don't know what you decided, if anything. From personal experience, the 9th edition was solely based on one exam. The psych section was completely unrepresentative of the material on the actual mcat. So much that most people, including myself, supplemented the lack of information using other sources Kahn/TPR etc... Also, there are many many flaws i.e. questions with wrong answer choices and questions lacking tables needed to solve them. If you have already bought it, supplement what is missing with other material. You can make a list of what you need to learn while reviewing practice tests. If you have yet to order one of the two, go for the 10th. They have fixed all the typos and question mistakes. They were also able to extend the psych section material. Either will work, I just recommend 10 to avoid any unwanted stress.