EVMS waitlist movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How? Do many people have your password?
Don't need a password, just an email address. It's very easy to make an email look like it comes from another person than it really does. Ever get email from spammers?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't need a password, just an email address. It's very easy to make an email look like it comes from another person than it really does. Ever get email from spammers?

They would have to know your name though...It's not like I can email EVMS and go, "I, ChimpanzeeMinky hereby withdraw my application." That won't fly.

They would have to know your name though...It's not like I can email EVMS and go, "I, ChimpanzeeMinky hereby withdraw my application." That won't fly.

:laugh: That's true! Would only work for someone who knows you personally who wants to mess up your stuff...

That's kinda scary. Pretty easy to spoof emails.

There is actually a thread somewhere here on SDN where someone says that he knows a guy who's roommate wrote emails withdrawing him from every school in Canada. I think I remember him saying his friend did, or is in the process of suing. I'll try to find the thread later when I have a few minutes.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got into EVMS this past Wednesday! It was really exciting and has finally put my mind at ease about reapplying next year! Thanks to those who declined their acceptances and good luck to everyone else!

For those wondering, I was interviewed on Feb 20th, waitlisted on April 8th, and accepted on April 16th. I'm OOS male too.

Edit: PS I'm celebrating tonight so everyone say a quick prayer for my liver.

Congratulations!!!!!!!! :D

I'm so happy for you! (and maybe a little jealous ;))

Drink the night away my friend. You deserve it.

Just got my acceptance today! IS male. Pretty pumped about it. Been waitlisted since October.

Just got my acceptance today! IS male. Pretty pumped about it. Been waitlisted since October.

Congrats! Which third of the list were you on? Did you send any letters of update/interest?

Thanks. Yeah top third and invited to second look weekend. I sent an update letter about a month ago and had called twice since being waitlisted to see where I was on the list.

Thanks. Yeah top third and invited to second look weekend. I sent an update letter about a month ago and had called twice since being waitlisted to see where I was on the list.

Thanks for the reply. Did they notify you by e-mail or snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
A big white envelope sitting in my mailbox.

A spot should open up soon, I withdrew my acceptance today. I hope one of you are fortunate enough to get called soon for an acceptance. Good luck to all of you.

I got into EVMS last week some time. I was in the top third of the waitlist. I'm OOS. Good luck to everyone who is waiting...KEEP HOPE ALIVE! :zip:

I got into EVMS last week some time. I was in the top third of the waitlist. I'm OOS. Good luck to everyone who is waiting...KEEP HOPE ALIVE! :zip:

Congratulations!
How were you notified? Did you send any updates?

Congratulations!
How were you notified? Did you send any updates?
I was notified by snail mail. It's post marked April 17th but I'm not sure when it arrived in my mail box because I forgot to check. I sent one letter that detailed new developments and re-stated my interest in going to the school. I called a number of times but I don't think that helped at all because they never asked for my ID#.
GOOD LUCK!!! POSITIVE THOUGHTS!:)

I already posted that I got into EVMS earlier but I'm still waiting to hear back from my state school (Maryland) which would be a lot cheaper. The problem is I don't know what to do about housing.. anybody going to be waiting till the last minute to move down there? Are there still decent spots available?

So Dr. Solhaug emailed me back after like thirty minutes (amazing) and told me that "My letter would be sent out tomorrow" and to "contact Vera Potts for a phone interview". Anybody else ever experience this? Phone interview after my official interview? What could this mean?

Thanks for any help.

So did you ever interview with Dr. Solhaug? If so what did you guys talk about , and did you think it was worth it? Anyone else out there interview with Dr. Solhaug?

So did you ever interview with Dr. Solhaug? If so what did you guys talk about , and did you think it was worth it? Anyone else out there interview with Dr. Solhaug?

Yes we had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes and it was VERY worth it. He wanted to know more about my research and how interested I was in EVMS. It was a great talk and I'm pretty confident it helped me get off the waitlist. I consider myself damn lucky to have gotten the opportunity!

I did...immediately after I was waitlisted in November...

It was a brief normal interview...way less stressful and nicer than the typical EVMS interview...followed by him telling me that he liked me very much and that I would definitely get in, it's just a matter of time...

I think it was helpful, but only time will tell...

Thanks for the imput I appreciate it.

I already posted that I got into EVMS earlier but I'm still waiting to hear back from my state school (Maryland) which would be a lot cheaper. The problem is I don't know what to do about housing.. anybody going to be waiting till the last minute to move down there? Are there still decent spots available?

Yes there is housing still available. check out sinapse for roomates and such. http://student2.evms.edu/?SINAPSE=r6fh5ufqe5gspgnvadce0kbec0&SINAPSE=r6fh5ufqe5gspgnvadce0kbec0

Anyone hear anything recently? I'm hoping for lots of movement this year :luck:

I was accepted last Thursday but didn't get my packet until yesterday. I am very excited about the school.

awesome, what third were you in? i am in the middle third, and evms is my first choice!

I was accepted last Thursday but didn't get my packet until yesterday. I am very excited about the school.

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your news on this thread! Some of us are a bit desperate for info on waitlist movement. ;)

I will be withdrawing my acceptance. OOS female here. good luck guys!

Thanks Daydreamer! I just wish you were IS. I can't take all this waiting :scared:

Nothing here. Does anyone have a link to a thread about last year's waitlist? I can't seem to find one. I'm just trying to figure out when people started to hear something in large numbers.

Seriously, this wait is killing me...

Has anyone called recently? I think I am going to call tomorrow and see what kind of movement they expect. All day this week I have spent my entire day thinking about the EVMS waitlist. I can't take it!! :eek: Please just let me in!

i just got a call from Ms. Castora at about 3:30pm. I was accepted!!

I was told in November that I was top third, and I am an instate male. Just to let you know, I sent in an interest letter and I called a few times to ask about my status, but other than that, I didn't do much else. I also was not invited to the second look weekend or whatever that was a few weeks ago.

good luck everyone! now I can't focus at work.

Has anyone called recently? I think I am going to call tomorrow and see what kind of movement they expect. All day this week I have spent my entire day thinking about the EVMS waitlist. I can't take it!! :eek: Please just let me in!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :luck::luck:

Dude I would leave work and go get a beer!

I am new to this thread. . . .Any other OOS males (top 1/3rd) in the same boat? This waiting game is no fun. I am middle alternate at UCONN and top third here. Just in case, I am currently preparing to retake my MCAT's. I hate this test with a passion :mad: so a phone call would be very favorable right now!!

Yep I am also an OOS male on several waitlists including the top third here hoping one will come through.

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I'm withdrawing my acceptance. In state male. Hope one of you gets it. Good luck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.