EVMS Waitlist movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to give you guys some hope, the waitlist is moving. I interviewed at the end of February, got waitlisted (top 1/3, oos) near the beginning of March, and was accepted at the end of April. I'll probably turn down the acceptance, so hopefully the spot will go to one of you.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you!! I'm an oos - I hope to hear some good news :D

Good luck.

Hi all, long-time reader, first time writer. Accepted yesterday when I called in for a status check. OOS, male, top 1/3. Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew my waitlist spot. OOS, top 1/3 when I interviewed ionno back in September? EVMS seems like a great school and I hope someone desiring gets in.

I withdrew my waitlist spot. OOS, top 1/3 when I interviewed ionno back in September? EVMS seems like a great school and I hope someone desiring gets in.

good on you. good luck!

Has anyone been accepted off the in state wait list yet?

Has anyone heard anything lately?

It's not even May 15th yet. Things usually start to slowly pick up after that point. For the IS waitlist, things move even slower, but hang in there.

Check out the EVMS secondary thread. A student named VanessaC says she called the office, and was told they're not expecting a lot of WL movement this year.

Accepted off of OOS WL today (dated 5/15). Good Luck.

Found out that I was accepted off OOS waitlist (top third) yesterday.

Check out the EVMS secondary thread. A student named VanessaC says she called the office, and was told they're not expecting a lot of WL movement this year.

Yeah, I called the office and they said there hasn't been much movement. If it's not starting to move now, I wonder if it ever will?...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I called the office and they said there hasn't been much movement. If it's not starting to move now, I wonder if it ever will?...

A few people just got off the waitlist though if you look at the thread. So it is moving...albeit slowly.

It's going to be slow. That's just the way things have been going during the last few cycles. There are a lot of qualified applicants and not a whole lot of slots. If last cycle is any indication of what can be expected this year, count on a handful of OOS acceptances and two or three IS acceptances being posted on SDN. How many total acceptances off the waitlist? Nobody can say for sure.

I got the letter through snail mail last night! Yay! I'm OOS female, top 1/3. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Thanks! I'm not sure if it helps, but I had my boss (I do psych research) send a letter and I sent an update letter telling them about my current research and publications that are in the works. I did both of these around the end of April/early May.

Good luck all of you still waiting to hear!

nothing here.. still waiting anxiously to hear some news.. any1 else hear anything ?any updates?

Just withdrew from OOS waitlist. Top 1/3. Good luck all. :)

Another wait-lister here (IS). I don't even know my position, since I haven't had enough sense to call yet. You'd think I might have learned my lesson when I found out in December that my application - which I thought was completed in August/September - was incomplete (recommendations never got sent). I'll call on Monday to see what the scoop is. Until then (and probably after) I'll be in "The Waiting Place" (apologies to Dr. Seuss). I'll try to chime in again if/when I know anything more.

Hey guys, it's been a difficult decision for me, but I'll be declining my acceptance to EVMS. I am OOS.

Here's hoping that one of you guys get my spot.

mrcmedman.. thanks!! really hope i can get off the waitlist.. that frees up one spot.. did u decide on wayne state after all ?
good luck!!!

jamaicandoc, not a problem. the OOS waitlist moves quite a bit. IMO, there's a very good chance that you will be accepted.

And yeah, I am going with Wayne State. It's just closer to where I live. It's in a more urban setting - which jives better with where I want to learn and eventually practice medicine. It will probably cost me $35-40k more altogether to go there, but I just don't think that's a lot more money in the long run.

jamaicandoc, not a problem. the OOS waitlist moves quite a bit. IMO, there's a very good chance that you will be accepted.

And yeah, I am going with Wayne State. It's just closer to where I live. It's in a more urban setting - which jives better with where I want to learn and eventually practice medicine. It will probably cost me $35-40k more altogether to go there, but I just don't think that's a lot more money in the long run.

Definitely, go with where you will be happier. 35-40 K is not a lot in the long run. I really hope I can make it off the list. I will keep you posted. Thanks!!

Well, I never got around to calling to check on my position. I got my acceptance letter in the mail right after my first post on this thread. Now I can stop worrying about getting into medical school and start worrying about paying for it. Good luck to all...

any hear any good news lately?

nothing here for me.. still hoping to get some good news..

Just wondering if and how often people are calling and checking their status on the wait list. Also, has anyone moved up from one third to another as some of these offers are declined?

Just wondering if and how often people are calling and checking their status on the wait list. Also, has anyone moved up from one third to another as some of these offers are declined?

oos male on top third here. i check once a month. still keeping hope but morale slowly fading.

Same here, but does any one know that how many out of top third are accepted so far and how many are left out ? how are the chances of getting in for rest of OOS wailisters? I will greatly appriciete , if some one senior can guide me on this. good luck to all . also if some one out of top third got any information about his/ her chance of getting in at this point of time .

Little off topic, but my friend last year was WL middle third and EVMS never got around to her rank..so for those who are in the top third, GL!! :luck: (IS_Female)

Little off topic, but my friend last year was WL middle third and EVMS never got around to her rank..so for those who are in the top third, GL!! :luck: (IS_Female)

If you're IS and not in the top 1/3, I wouldn't hold your breath. Chances are very good that they won't get to you. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even make it halfway through the IS top 1/3. That list moves ridiculously slow.

If you're OOS, on the other hand, you've got a decent shot if you're in the top 1/3, but still nowhere near a guarantee.

Things are winding down, but there will probably be at least a few more acceptances over the next month.

Thanks,
Do you have any idea , how many of OOS are already got off and how many are still on wait. since i am not getting any info , i feel i might be on the bottom of top third. your expert comment will be greatly apprecieted.

Called today. Was told the waitlist is very slow. :(

OOS male in the top 1/3 since April - accepted today. I actually called this morning to check my status and found I was still on the WL. Then I got a call this afternoon giving me the good news :thumbup:. Hopefully this gives some WLers some hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.