EVMS Medical Masters 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How strong is the linkage for 2 year
Historically around half of the graduating class stays at EVMS. The actual number varies every year depending on the class size. Another 20ish percent usually goes on to another MD or DO school. Typically the year following graduation we have another 10-20% that gets in as well.
Can you speak on the linkage for 2 year MM students? Do half usually stay at EVMS as well?

Members don't see this ad.

How strong is the linkage for 2 year

Can you speak on the linkage for 2 year MM students? Do half usually stay at EVMS as well?
The half number comes from the total graduating, which is both the 1 year and 2 year graduating that year. The specific breakdown between the 1 & 2 year vary from year to year. But they are not looked at separately. Everyone graduating is in the same group.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I will be attending the 1 year program, but am not re applying for medical school this cycle (just finished my first cycle). Does EVMS still look at applicants who apply after completing the 1 year program along with the rest of MM students for med school spots? Or would I be put back in the general applicant pool for MD admissions?
So historically it's been done a couple of ways...usually students applying after graduating are in the main pool, so you have the regular timeline. But you do get "bonus points" for completing the program. So you get a bit of a boost even after the program is over.

ETA: we have seen any graduated students receive an interview, so while it's not an official guarantee, it does usually happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone,

I am pretty sure I will be accepting the 1 year masters offer so I wanted to ask about Anki decks! I'll be working in Colorado/Florida until I head over to Virginia and I'd really like to get a jump on material if I can - before it comes at us like a ton of bricks
Anyone know of any resources?

Hello Everyone,

I am pretty sure I will be accepting the 1 year masters offer so I wanted to ask about Anki decks! I'll be working in Colorado/Florida until I head over to Virginia and I'd really like to get a jump on material if I can - before it comes at us like a ton of bricks
Anyone know of any resources?
Tbh it's not really worth starting the material now as the pace you'll be at will not compare to the pace during the program. Just enjoy your free time while you have it.There is a pre-made anki deck made by former students. I personally didn't use anki much and did well in the program. But I did use anki sometimes just to memorize the interleukins during the immunology block. I'd recommend Lightyear (what I used).

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, I just heard back, and I got waitlisted. I was just wondering, what are my chances of getting off of the waitlist? EVMS is still my top choice, so I was wondering if I should still wait to hear if I am able to get off of the waitlist.

So historically it's been done a couple of ways...usually students applying after graduating are in the main pool, so you have the regular timeline. But you do get "bonus points" for completing the program. So you get a bit of a boost even after the program is over.

ETA: we have seen any graduated students receive an interview, so while it's not an official guarantee, it does usually happen.
What are the stats for the 1-year masters; in particular, I'm wondering about: % interviewed at EVMS in the same cycle (i.e. after first semester grades), % accepted at EVMS from interviewees, and average SMP GPA and MCAT of EVMS MD matriculants from the 1-year Medical Master's program.

What are the stats for the 1-year masters; in particular, I'm wondering about: % interviewed at EVMS in the same cycle (i.e. after first semester grades), % accepted at EVMS from interviewees, and average SMP GPA and MCAT of EVMS MD matriculants from the 1-year Medical Master's program.
If you are in good standings you will pretty much be guaranteed an interview. Usually half the graduates gets accepted right into the next matriculating class with another 5-10% getting acceptances elsewhere and then another 20-30% getting accepted either at EVMS or other medical schools in future cycles.

Don’t know average mcat but most people who get accepted get a 3.5+ gpa. My experience was an A- average (~3.65-3.7) pretty much ensures an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry just now seeing this. All with a qualifying MCAT (over 503) and in good standing in the program at the end of the fall (3.0+) will interview in the spring. Around half historically stay at EVMS. Average SMP GPA varies greatly from year to year...last year's numbers don't matter. It just depends on how your class as a whole does. MCAT varies year to year as well.