This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GizmoDartboardScene

Reaction score
I am in a bit of a tricky situation and would like some advice. I already have 3 evaluators who I recently found out will write me excellent evaluations. However, I asked 2 additional evaluators just in case as back-up. Unfortunately, these 2 additional evaluators... I am not sure what kind of evaluation they will write for me. I know that having even one average or poor evaluation can hurt my entire application, so I am really worried but I already invited them on VMCAS so I'm not sure how to proceed.
They have not written anything yet or even made a VMCAS account yet, but asking them now not to write an evaluation.... I am afraid it will seem unprofessional and ruin my relationship with them.
By the way, the schools I'm applying to don't require more than 3, but said that they have to read all the evaluations if I send more than 3.
What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, these 2 additional evaluators... I am not sure what kind of evaluation they will write for me

Don't take the letters. Don't water down your app.

As far as how to work with these evaluators, you can be straight with them that their letters are no longer necessary as all the letters have come through and you're ready to submit the app.

Reactions: 6 users
Don't take the letters. Don't water down your app.

As far as how to work with these evaluators, you can be straight with them that their letters are no longer necessary as all the letters have come through and you're ready to submit the app.

Thank you for the advice, will do.

Members don't see this ad :)
And just make sure to inform those additional writers in a timely manner that you no longer need their submissions. If it were me, I'd be perfectly fine with someone cancelling their request before I had started to write, but would be annoyed if I ended up fully writing a thoughtful recommendation for someone and they turned around and said they didn't need it. Those things take time when they're done well.

Reactions: 1 users
And just make sure to inform those additional writers in a timely manner that you no longer need their submissions. If it were me, I'd be perfectly fine with someone cancelling their request before I had started to write, but would be annoyed if I ended up fully writing a thoughtful recommendation for someone and they turned around and said they didn't need it. Those things take time when they're done well.
Thank you so much for the input, redhead and PippyPony.

Reactions: 1 user