Europe Says ‘No Safe Level’ of Brain-Damaging Pesticide Trump EPA Refused To Ban

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnfree7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

"The European Food Safety Authority said today that chlorpyrifos, widely used on fruits and vegetables in the U.S. and worldwide, “does not meet the criteria” for approval of its use in the 28-nation European Union, citing concerns over the pesticide’s risks to children. The announcement indicates that the EU is likely to ban chlorpyrifos, whose main manufacturer is Dow Chemical Company, when its license expires in January. “The EU is doing what the science demands: putting public health ahead of the narrow interests of the pesticide industry,” said EWG President Ken Cook. “Tragically for American kids and their parents, the Trump administration is kowtowing to chemical agribusiness and allowing a dangerous pesticide to be sprayed on foods children eat every day.” A robust body of scientific evidence shows that even small doses of chlorpyrifos can damage parts of the brain that control language, memory, behavior and emotion. Multiple independent studies have found that exposure to chlorpyrifos impairs children’s IQs...."

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've always wondered how do i avoid foods that use these chemicals? Buy home grown only?

Thank God the Europeans have spoken. They're the real experts!

Members don't see this ad :)
Europeans are communists, anti capitalists, they don’t respect the constitution and they away individual freedom. They have to get out of the way of businesses and have to get rid of the job killing regulations. Free market and profit will cure everything.

Europeans are communists, anti capitalists, they don’t respect the constitution and they away individual freedom. They have to get out of the way of businesses and have to get rid of the job killing regulations. Free market and profit will cure everything.

I literally thought you were being serious before i recognized your username. Man that's scary... lol