eTranscripts from AMCAS marked as "not received" despite being told by Parchment that they were received on 5/5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanted to update on my parchment transcript journey in case anyone was getting incredibly frustrated like me :rolleyes: . I ordered my transcript on 5/3 and parchment said it was delivered but AMCAS had 'not received' on their end. This continued for weeks and they kept telling me that they're having issues with parchment and to just be patient. I even re-sent the transcript last week in case. Today I called again for the umpteenth time and asked if I could just speak with someone higher up cause they kept giving me the typical bs. The lady transferred me to someone higher and he contacted one of the documents? people and they figured it out within minutes. Just received the AMCAS email and it says 'received' for the transcript on AMCAS's website. I know I pulled a major Karen move but hopefully if someone is anxious like me that might help get your transcript through. By the way the transcript was from a smaller college where I did a language immersion program for literally one grade so I don't know if that exacerbated the hold up.

Members don't see this ad.

My parchment transcript was received Monday and marked as received yesterday. My paper transcript was delivered on Tuesday, so hopefully it is marked as received soon. I am not sure how much longer paper transcripts take to be marked as received.

Here's what AMCAS would like you to do in case of Parchment receipt issues: Coronavirus (COVID-19) and AMCAS

(Rather than sending your transcripts over and over, message AMCAS via their "contact us" form as instructed on the link above, and select "Parchment Inquiry" from the drop-down menu)

Members don't see this ad :)
Called AMCAS about transcripts and the lady on the phone told me if you submitted through Parchment early in May and it wasn't marked as received to resend it through Parchment.

I requested my transcript from my college, but Parchment says it's out of network and not available for transcript orders. I got an email from a service called e-SCRIP SAFE saying my transcript had been received by someone at AMCAS, but my transcript has still not been marked as received. Anyone else have an issue like this?

I requested my transcript from my college, but Parchment says it's out of network and not available for transcript orders. I got an email from a service called e-SCRIP SAFE saying my transcript had been received by someone at AMCAS, but my transcript has still not been marked as received. Anyone else have an issue like this?
It takes time after the service says AMCAS received it for someone to actually mark it as received. For me it took 3-4 days.

If you were unable to send your electronic transcript via Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse, AMCAS WILL NOT ACCEPT IT. You are going to have to resend a paper transcript. Period. A transcript sent by e-SCRIP SAFE will never be marked received by AMCAS.

If you were unable to send your electronic transcript via Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse, AMCAS WILL NOT ACCEPT IT. You are going to have to resend a paper transcript. Period. A transcript sent by e-SCRIP SAFE will never be marked received by AMCAS.
E-Scrip safe appears to be a part of credentials solutions which is owned by parchment and credentials solutions are accepted

Reactions: 1 users
E-Scrip safe appears to be a part of credentials solutions which is owned by parchment and credentials solutions are accepted
Okay, but, if it's all the same, why is Parchment telling @jsearz their school is out of network, and why doesn't AMCAS list Credential Solutions as an approved e-transcript provider if it is operating under a separate name after the merger?

Reactions: 1 user
Okay, but, if it's all the same, why is Parchment telling @jsearz their school is out of network, and why doesn't AMCAS list Credential Solutions as an approved e-transcript provider if it is operating under a separate name after the merger?
Not sure about the first question e-Scrip Safe may be a whole other mess. I'm not entirely sure why AMCAS doesn't make it explicit credentials solutions are accepted either, you have to dig into the FAQs on this page to find it Coronavirus (COVID-19) and AMCAS. Which they say

"Our approved electronic transcript vendor, Parchment, acquired Credential Services in 2020. If your registrar uses the Credential Services platform and the portal requests your AAMC ID and Transcript ID numbers, you may submit your transcript through this service. If it requests an email address only, please contact the AAMC Services Contact Center for more information or request a paper transcript from your institution."

It's pretty confusing for Parchment not to release some announcement on their site about this as well. They also haven't integrated their two products at all. I can't find my school on the Parchment website but I sent via credentials from my school and amcas marked them as received (although it took a long time). To make matters even more confusing credentials solutions depending on the school can utilize two different methods for sending transcripts. One method is an eTranscript which must be manually marked by someone at AMCAS and the other is a direct file transfer that automatically connects to your app without manual review. This is what someone at amcas explained to me when I called them and sent them a message via the "Parchment Inquiry" @wysdoc link.

Also frustratingly if you send a "Parchment inquiry" at that link, you just get a generic response which outlines the three methods for sending transcripts, no one at amcas actually looks at your account specifically. They are insistent about waiting the full 20 days before looking.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure about the first question e-Scrip Safe may be a whole other mess. I'm not entirely sure why AMCAS doesn't make it explicit credentials solutions are accepted either, you have to dig into the FAQs on this page to find it Coronavirus (COVID-19) and AMCAS. Which they say

"Our approved electronic transcript vendor, Parchment, acquired Credential Services in 2020. If your registrar uses the Credential Services platform and the portal requests your AAMC ID and Transcript ID numbers, you may submit your transcript through this service. If it requests an email address only, please contact the AAMC Services Contact Center for more information or request a paper transcript from your institution."

It's pretty confusing for Parchment not to release some announcement on their site about this as well. They also haven't integrated their two products at all. I can't find my school on the Parchment website but I sent via credentials from my school and amcas marked them as received (although it took a long time). To make matters even more confusing credentials solutions depending on the school can utilize two different methods for sending transcripts. One method is an eTranscript which must be manually marked by someone at AMCAS and the other is a direct file transfer that automatically connects to your app without manual review. This is what someone at amcas explained to me when I called them and sent them a message via the "Parchment Inquiry" @wysdoc link.

Also frustratingly if you send a "Parchment inquiry" at that link, you just get a generic response which outlines the three methods for sending transcripts, no one at amcas actually looks at your account specifically. They are insistent about waiting the full 20 days before looking.
Thanks for the help. I submitted my transcript request on May 11, so it technically hasn't been the full 15 business days they say they need for processing. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon