MA/MS Ethical treatment on mental healthcare: a question (or two)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illuminautica

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a marriage and family therapist grad student at Northcentral University. I joined in order to ask these ethics questions of practicing mental health professionals, but it appears I do not have permission to post in their forum.

... Oh well. Hopefully some of you are living the dream, and can answer this; I apologize for the verbage, but you get the idea:
  • What does being a legal and ethical mental health professional mean to you?
  • What are some firsthand legal and ethical challenges you encountered in your clinical practice? How did you handle the situation?
  • From your perspective (whether or not you work with insurance companies), what are the advantages of insurance panels, what are the struggles? Any legal and ethical implications arise as a result of working with insurance companies?
  • What does a good case note look like, what should be included or excluded? What advice can you give about effective record keeping in general? Is there information that you may reconsider recording due to legal and ethical reasons?
  • What factors contribute to your decision of terminating the provision of therapy? How do you approach this process? What ethical aspects must be considered when introducing the idea of therapy termination to a client?
i need this for an assignment due in (checks clock), 36 hours, aaaand GO

Members don't see this ad.

You're probably going to get a note at some point from a moderator reminding you that SDN is not for homework help... and wow, that's a lot of questions, many with pretty complex and nuanced answers. Chances of you getting a reply in 36 hours, especially on a weekend... slim to none. You might want to go ahead and start doing some research and writing. The ethics codes of various professions should help you answer several of those questions - especially your last two bullet points - and should be easy to find online. Good luck.

You're probably going to get a note at some point from a moderator reminding you that SDN is not for homework help... and wow, that's a lot of questions, many with pretty complex and nuanced answers. Chances of you getting a reply in 36 hours, especially on a weekend... slim to none. You might want to go ahead and start doing some research and writing. The ethics codes of various professions should help you answer several of those questions - especially your last two bullet points - and should be easy to find online. Good luck.
Thank you for your reply and grim wager. It sounds like I ought to clarify: I did not ask for homework help. I am asking mental health professionals for their perspective on these ethics topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.