ERAS Supplemental Geographic Preferences - Should I signal a region just because it has lots of programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WashingtonR

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't really have any geographic preferences except for staying in my current/home region. However, there's a high concentration of programs on my list in a couple of other regions. Should I signal those regions just because of their high concentration of programs? If I say "I'm interested in this region because it has a high concentration of excellent residency programs", will that be seen as pointless, or even worse than not signalling the region?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't really have any geographic preferences except for staying in my current/home region. However, there's a high concentration of programs on my list in a couple of other regions. Should I signal those regions just because of their high concentration of programs? If I say "I'm interested in this region because it has a high concentration of excellent residency programs", will that be seen as pointless, or even worse than not signalling the region?
How do you signal a region? I thought you could only signal individual programs.

If I'm correct, how does it help you to tell a program you are signaling them because they are in a region that has a high concentration of good programs, but that you have no connection to?

How do you signal a region? I thought you could only signal individual programs.

If I'm correct, how does it help you to tell a program you are signaling them because they are in a region that has a high concentration of good programs, but that you have no connection to?
You can signal 4 programs and 3 regions.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You can signal 4 programs and 3 regions.
Thanks! I'm still learning about this. In fact, I've just begun! I guess I'd wonder what the value would be of signaling a region you have no connection to, just because it has a lot of good programs, especially if you don't really want to be there?

Thanks! I'm still learning about this. In fact, I've just begun! I guess I'd wonder what the value would be of signaling a region you have no connection to, just because it has a lot of good programs, especially if you don't really want to be there?
Turns out I was partly mistaken. Depending on the specialty, you can signal anywhere from 2 to 30 programs.

Reactions: 1 user