ERAS photo in uniform

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slevin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question, would it look better if I had my Dress Blues on for my application in ERAS than just a regular suit?

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question, would it look better if I had my Dress Blues on for my application in ERAS than just a regular suit?

Nah. Dress for the job you're applying for, not the one you're in. Regular suit is fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
So then no dress blues when applying for an Army residency position

Got it. Thank you

No. Huh? Is the Army using ERAS to accept residency applications now? If so, wear your dress blues, because you are applying for a military job. If you are applying for a deferred civilian residency only via ERAS, wear civilian attire. If you are doing both simultaneously, go with the dress blues.

No. Huh? Is the Army using ERAS to accept residency applications now? If so, wear your dress blues, because you are applying for a military job. If you are applying for a deferred civilian residency only via ERAS, wear civilian attire. If you are doing both simultaneously, go with the dress blues.

Unless things have changed, the Army requires submission of an ERAS application to the relevant Army programs in addition to the separate Army match requirements.

To the OP, wear a regular suit for the ERAS photo. None of the Army program directors will care one iota that you're not in uniform, and you avoid the "WTF?" thoughts by any civilian program directors just in case you don't match with Uncle Sam. Obviously, wear your dress uniform for in-person interviews.