ERAS--education section Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blanche

#$%&*!@!!#?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hola everyone--
i have a maybe stupid question about the eras education section.

it says: "This page allows entries for each Undergraduate and Graduate School you have attended:

well, i took college classes in high school, summers (at local univ) and also studied abroad through a different university, and on top of that took some graduate classes after undergrad (paid for thru work)
Am i supposed to enter all these instututions? how it looks right now, I have 5 institutions and it looks like i was this educational nomad or something, even though i never transferred....

also--it asks for field of study, but since i wasn't in a degree program i wasn't IN a field of study!

anyone else wondering what to do for this sort of situation?
enter all the schools anyways? type some sort of blurb like 'non degree coursework' for field of study?

thanks for all the help on here, filling this out is really NOT fun

-blanche

Members don't see this ad.

Hello-

I believe that you should enter all coursework at all schools (unless it is completely irrelevant or you failed it)... isn't there a checkbox you can fill out for "Degree Earned/Expected: Yes/No" - just put "No" in that box.

hola everyone--
i have a maybe stupid question about the eras education section.

it says: "This page allows entries for each Undergraduate and Graduate School you have attended:

well, i took college classes in high school, summers (at local univ) and also studied abroad through a different university, and on top of that took some graduate classes after undergrad (paid for thru work)
Am i supposed to enter all these instututions? how it looks right now, I have 5 institutions and it looks like i was this educational nomad or something, even though i never transferred....

also--it asks for field of study, but since i wasn't in a degree program i wasn't IN a field of study!

anyone else wondering what to do for this sort of situation?
enter all the schools anyways? type some sort of blurb like 'non degree coursework' for field of study?

thanks for all the help on here, filling this out is really NOT fun

-blanche

My academic affairs office instructed our class to enter everything...all the way down to those classes we took for college credit in high school...they mentioned those specifically...so I agree....and what I did was put no degree earned or expected.....Good Luck

I'm in the same situation and our Academic Affairs office said just the opposite. She said to enter where you earned any degrees but to leave any colleges where you took one or two classes out. She told me to have all of the transcripts sent to her office in case there were any questions about this, but that it shouldn't be a problem.