EP application season for 2020 start date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So finally today was the "fabled" Penn interview day..Lol. Those of us who were there, what kind of vibe did you guys get from the program? I felt that they are a strong clinical program but their reputation of being on the malignant side was also very apparent. Great research opportunities if we can get some time. Lots of complex ablation experience from get go but bread and butter EP/device experience may be compromised. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Goodluck to those interviewing. I am also set on EP and will be applying in 2 cycles from now. What is the general sense you have on post fellowship job opportunities? Is the market still crowded? How about salaries?

Goodluck to those interviewing. I am also set on EP and will be applying in 2 cycles from now. What is the general sense you have on post fellowship job opportunities? Is the market still crowded? How about salaries?
one word.. limited

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Very limited. Currently finishing up EP and jobs are difficult to come by

Reactions: 1 user
Very limited. Currently finishing up EP and jobs are difficult to come by

Granted, I am not looking for jobs and it sounds like residentk3 is, but this is not at all what I've heard consistently on the interview trail from 2nd-year EP fellows this fall. Most fellows seem pretty happy with the job options they are looking at coming out of fellowship, considering multiple offers in their region of interest, etc, although you have to put in the work (no more registering for ERAS, checking boxes, and waiting for interview invites to start pouring in). Probably depends to an extent on your program reputation, how geographically limited you are, and what contract parameters you are willing to accept.

Re: salary, again I can't speak much to this but my impression is that it is highly variable depending on region and urban vs. rural, but it generally mirrors interventional cardiology, both of which are slightly more lucrative than general.

Reactions: 1 users
considering multiple offers in their region of interest...

how geographically limited you are, and what contract parameters you are willing to accept

This may be why we have differing experiences

I hope everyone matched among their top choices today