endodontic residency 2021 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone receive an email from University of Buffalo about the pre specialty training program?
Is it useful?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone receive an email from University of Buffalo about the pre specialty training program?
Is it useful?
Did all applicants who were not accepted received the email about the pre specialty program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did all applicants who were not accepted received the email about the pre specialty program?
I received it too. I found it the most unprofessional way of rejecting an application. To me, it was more like a marketing letter.

I received it too. I found it the most unprofessional way of rejecting an application. To me, it was more like a marketing letter.
Me too, I found it really offensive. Interestingly, that specific pre-specialty course is not advertised on their website.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it useful?

I did it last year. the person that was in my group got accepted. He interviewed four of us out of the 6 that did the program.
I mean he told us beforehand that he only had two spots but it does look favorable for his program. I mean I found it useful. I think it is very pricey.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is a pre-speciality program?
Oh sorry I meant the pre specialty program at Buffalo university, not BU. If you applied to Buffallo and didn’t get accepted they invite you to take that program. Just curious who was going to do it.

I did it last year. the person that was in my group got accepted. He interviewed four of us out of the 6 that did the program.
I mean he told us beforehand that he only had two spots but it does look favorable for his program. I mean I found it useful. I think it is very pricey.
[/QUOTE
Did you like the program? I’m assuming it helps our chances of getting in. I’m seriously thinking of taking it but I’m a little hesitant bc of the cost. How was the oral exam?

Is it useful?
I found the offer for a “pre-specialty program” condescending. Wtf is that? Maybe if you really want an interview with buffalo specifically... but even then no. Do research. Improve your ADAT. Do a GPR. But do not pay these mfs tuition until they agree to train you as a resident.

Reactions: 3 users
Are you a US-resident or an international?
Does UB accept internationals although they have only 2 spots?

has anyone heard anything regarding the Case Western interview? specifically the presentation of 4-5 case? thanks guys!

What are everyone’s thoughts on contacting the schools to check if and when acceptances were or will be released? Is that bad etiquette?

What are everyone’s thoughts on contacting the schools to check if and when acceptances were or will be released? Is that bad etiquette?

I don't think that is bad etiquette, you can do it if you haven't heard back in a while

anyone have any opinions or news regarding the first round of case western interviews?

anyone here can offer their current knowledge on the endo application cycle and let me pick their brains?! i would greatly appreciate it! I constantly do research and end up with nothing :/

anyone here can offer their current knowledge on the endo application cycle and let me pick their brains?! i would greatly appreciate it! I constantly do research and end up with nothing :/

do you have any specific questions? When I did my own research I just went through the threads from previous years and they helped a lot.