Endo 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supraopticus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought it might be a little early, but I have an interview with USC on monday. Anyone else heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

That soon? USC is not a rolling admission and the deadline for applications are not till Sept...I am surprised you have an interview soo early! Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

I do believe USC has a rolling admission as that is what they said in the email that I received from them about my PASS application. Although they did say interviews take place from September through to December

Members don't see this ad :)
That is great! congrats

I am also applying this year; lets keep this thread going!

USC asks for a biographical statement. Is that the same as the essay submitted for PASS or they require a separate essay? Thanks for the help.

For USC,

You submit all through PASS

USC wants the following directly to the school: Photo and processing fee

BTW,

I hope there is more endo applicants out there...maybe it is early

Last years thread was great; hope this years is just as good

so my interview went well. USC is starting really early this year because in the past by the time they got around to calling applicants, they had already accepted positions elsewhere. I also heard they are doing 5 rounds of interviews with about 8 people per round and they already have the third filled so I dont think they are going to be interviewing late like previous years.

anyone else have interviews already by any chance?

Sounds like USC is getting down to business.

Last edited:
I heard back from Albert Einstein this afternoon :D. They will be conducting interviews on the 12th of Sept.

Best of luck to all.

Congrats!

Wow, the deadlines aren't even here yet and interviews already....i'm in bad shape...my apps won't be done until next week....i think i'm screwed =(

Members don't see this ad :)
USC 7/16 Contacted by phone.
Tufts 9/7 Contacted by phone.

While I am probably going to apply next year and not now, it would be great if some of you could list the pros/cons of each program as you finish your interviews.

Folks; quick question; It seems almost all the interviews will be conducted in september. I assume there won't be any interviews anytime in october? I ask because I need to plan a trip overseas, and if i leave the first day of october i should be safe. thanks!

thanks for the info. Hope it went well. I still havent submitted my application so that is not a good news that they have filled 3/5 interview days!

Keep the updates coming! Congrats on all the interviews so far! Anyone heard from UTHSCSA? Deadline was July 15......

got an email for an interview at Einstein as well this week for mid september.

Last edited:
got an email for an interview at Einstein as well this week for mid september. Going to have to call and cancel that. USC Trojans. Fight on! Class starts June 17th :D
Where else have you interviewed other than USC? and did USC tell you when they will let you know about the results?

For Loma Linda, can we apply to both 27-month and 36-month programs or do we have to chose one only? Thanks.

How long does ADEA take to send your completed app to the designated programs? My app should be completed next week and wondering if I'll make the cutoff for August 1st.
Also, how long does it take for Part 1 official results to be submitted?
Thanks guys!

up to 2 weeks...
up to 3 weeks

I believe each sends out in mass once a week. Boards I believe are processed every Thursday.

Also there often is a difference between PASS deadline and program deadline.

I was wondering if you are given an interview, do they offer you different dates, or only 1 date for interviews? I figure different dates since people might have conflicting interview dates...any thoughts

Heard from MUSC this afternoon. A first year resident called me- that was a pleasant surprise. She seemed very nice over the phone. Interviews will be held the 27th of Aug.:D

Got nerve, when did you submit your pass app.?

Penn interview mid-august, contacted by email this week

Anyone hear from any other schools?

I know that this thread is being used primarily for interview purposes, but I wanted to get your motivation for applying to endo. Sure, you are applying because you love endo, but what are your thoughts on the future of endo and the impact that impants are having on endo referals. Are many of you considering programs that teach implant placement?

Endo 1,

My PASS was submitted 6/11.

Hope this helps.

Tufts interview Sept 7

They called last week. I submitted my application about 3weeks ago - early July.

Heard from Columbia University this afternoon by email. Interviews will be held on August 8th.:D

privacy

Last edited:
University of Florida interview: Aug 27th
contacted by phone

University of Pennsylvania interview: Aug 13th
contacted by email

Tufts University interview: Sept. 7
contacted by phone

excited and nervous!

University of Florida interview: Aug 27th
contacted by phone

University of Pennsylvania interview: Aug 13th
contacted by email

Tufts University interview: Sept. 7
contacted by phone

excited and nervous!

Congrats,
San Antonio August 20 by phone
Minnesota September 6th by email
USC Augest 6th by phone
We can make a list

congrats to everyone on the interviews. for the people who are interviewing at Florida, Dr. P is awesome and they have some top notch courtesy faculty especially Dr. Kanter and Dr. Mann.

On another note, did anyone else have a lot of problems with schools "not receiving" info? I had at least 5 programs email me or call saying they didnt get one thing or another. Funny how they all got the check though. If I hadnt already been accepted somewhere I would be flipping out!

for those that have interviewed, what kinds of questions did you get?

Congrats!

Baylor 8/13 by phone
Louisville 8/20 by phone
Minnesota 9/6 by email

I am so happy and nervous at the same time!!

Just got an email invitation for Loma Linda. August 19th. Sounds like it will be quite an interview includes doing a Molar endo + abstract!

Just got an email invitation for Loma Linda. August 19th. Sounds like it will be quite an interview includes doing a Molar endo + abstract!

Congrats! did you apply for 24-months or 36-months program?

Baylor August 13th - via phone
UTHSCSA August 20 - via phone
Minnesota September 6 - via email
Indiana September 10 - via mail

Anyone hear from any of the VA or Washington yet?

Hi everyone, I used to frequent these boards as an undergraduate student 3-4 years ago. Been quite busy in dental school the last 3 years but I am currently applying to Endo residencies for this year and wanted to join in on this great thread. I submitted my PASS application last night so I am a little on the late side but I have 3 interview invites:

UMDNJ (phone) 8-14
Columbia (e-mail) 8-22
Tufts (e-mail) 9-11 or 9-21

Congrats! did you apply for 24-months or 36-months program?

I had applied to both programs but the invitation letter does not specify which program it is they are interviewing for.I think there is only 1 set of interview for both. I called to see if I can change the date and they said that interviews are done only on that day, i wonder how many people they are interviewing?!

WVU 8/13, phone call this am
UMDNJ 8/14, phone call yesterday

Heard from Harvard this afternoon, and West Virginia this morning.:D
The list as it stands
8-8 Columbia
8-9 Harvard
8-13 West Virginia
8-27 MUSC
9-12 Albert Einstein

Hear from Long Beach this afternoon !
My list as it stands
Baylor 8/13
Louisville 8/20
Minnesota 9/6
VA Long Beach 9/10

Woohooo!!

anyone with part I below 85 have interviews?

anyone with part I below 85 have interviews?

that may be tough. a lot of schools wont even take people right out of school. I have an 88 on part 1 and 2 but i also have 6 years exp, teaching exp, close to 1000 hours of CE post grad, etc.