Endo residency years after graduating

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothHurty17

Reaction score
I've been working in private practice for almost 7 years now. While I was in school I had no intention of specializing. Cumulative GPA was a 3.2 and and my rank is in the bottom third of the class. Am I wasting my time even applying for residency? I didn't do a GPR nor do I have experience with research.

Members don't see this ad.

The odds are against you, statistically speaking, however if you can get good LOR anything is possible. 7 years of experience plays to your favour.

If I were you I’d contact the endo department at the school you graduated from, ask to shadow there (might be a bit late) and apply there. If you’re really committed you should hang out more at a school you really like and collaborate with endodontists you refer too so you can have a better application next year. Also attend the AAE!

Nothing is impossible don’t give up. If you want it it’s not a matter of if it’s when.

Reactions: 1 users
The 7 years should cover a bit of the weak stats but unfortunately some schools have a flat must be top 50% or 25% of the class requirement (if ranked), I would browse the program websites (program requirement, resident bios if they have them) to see which programs you have the best chance at