EMS Experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BloodySurgeon

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to talk about our experiences out in the field. We can talk about our mess ups and how we learned to improve them, we can talk about how a patient got you angry, or whatever you like.

Well, I'll start off. I was wearing my tee-shirt uniform since it was a hot summer day and a homeless patient who had a history of drug abuse grabbed my arm with her bloody hand where I had no BSI. Now I bring out my trench coat whenever I have the slightest thought there can be an opportunity for transferring an infectious disease (i.e. AIDS). Nothing happened which I suspected but it force me to take BSI more seriously.

I also had a patient last night who was ODing on heroin. He was naked in a one bedroom hotel with a women who was engaged to another man. She was trying to tell me that the patient was only a friend who was helping her get through a fight she had with her fiance, but even the patient didn't use the term "friend". Cheaters get me angry but cheaters who do drugs and lie about doing both make me even madder :mad:.

Members don't see this ad.