Emory Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTgatorgrl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have an Emory interview Dec 5 and was wondering some of the questions they might ask. I've heard it's the typical "why do you want to be a PT?" and "why is thise program right for you?" but I haven't talked to anyone who has actually had an interview there.

Also, the set up of the interview - if we're with other candidates or how many interviewers there are.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Just in case anyone else has an interview - it was very straight forward. It was a group interview with 3 people and 3 professors. They asked 3 questions in a round robin style so that each person has one question to answer 1st, then 2nd, and then 3rd.

The last 2 questions were thrown out there and anyone could answer.

I only remember 4 of the 5 questions:

1) Why is Emory's program right for you?
2) What do you think your biggest challenge in this program will be?
3) What will you do if you do not get into any DPT programs?
4) How would your friends describe you?

All the professors were REALLY nice and encouraging. After the day of interviews and touring (LONG day) there was a "social" to talk to the professors and other candidates. The facilities there are absolutely amazing!

Hey...if you dont mind what was your GPA and GRE. Probably high since you were asked for an interview at emory. On their website is says their min. gpa is a 2.8 so I want to compare my chances.

Sorry I've been MIA... but sure, my GPA is 3.6 and GRE was 1100 (not that great). I had about 200 hours of outpatient, and about 60 research hours for PT at the VA.