SDSU, CSULB, Emory, and USC Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dptatusc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!
I have been accepted to/am waiting on the following DPT programs: San Diego State University, CSU Long Beach, Emory, and University of Southern California. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has attended any of these programs, and could give me some honest feedback on them. I have been trying to research what people have thought about them, but I haven't had much luck with these schools/programs specifically. Any input (good and bad) would be greatly appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have not attended the programs above, but definitely exclude USC since it is crazy expensive and there is no way it's worth it. Go with the cheapest state school. They will all prepare you well for the board exam.

I have not attended the programs above, but definitely exclude USC since it is crazy expensive and there is no way it's worth it. Go with the cheapest state school. They will all prepare you well for the board exam.
With that being said, you might want to exclude Emory as well depending on the cost of tuition of the other schools. Emory is a private university & tuition is ~$100k & if you're funding your education with loans that's the price before interest.

The only problem is, USC is the only school I have actually been accepted to :( I'm on the waitlist for CSULB, and I haven't heard back from SDSU or Emory yet.
Then submit your deposit to USC and if you get accepted to another school, just go with the cheaper one. Any school will be cheaper than USC, I am sure. Also since you did get accepted to USC, you would be competitive for other private but cheaper schools in SoCal such as Loma Linda, Western university for health sciences, St Augustine. It may or may not be financially worth to consider to apply to those if USC will be the only school that accepts you this year. State schools are the cheapest, but you must be a front runner to get into their programs since they accept only 30s people.