emails/letters after interviews here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Personalized letters/emails from Northwestern, Columbia, Ohio St., UVA, Mayo-Rochester, and UW-Madison

Not so personalized email from CCF :cool:

I'm trying not to let it affect my rank list, but its hard. I love all the programs my top 5, but one of them has sent NO love back, and it kinda breaks my heart. :oops:

It reminds me of the elementary school notes with the "Do you like me?" with the "Yes" and "No" checkboxes. Oh how I miss those days! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

got the same one from ccf...also no 3 yr spots

i heard from another applicant that ccf sends out three versions of the email...one correlating with the top third, another the middle third and then the bottom third. i don't know which "favorably" means. any ccf residents out there want to put an end to our misery? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email from ccf that says we reviewed your application and interview results you meet our criteria and we intend to place you on our NRMP rank list. It did not mention position or favorability on the email. I must be in the bottom 3rd.:(

Cola

confirmed scotch, its cleveland clinic. how are the islands treating you? ;)

my ccf one says "will rank you in a favorable position....it would be our pleasure to see your name on our 2008 match list."

confirmed scotch, its cleveland clinic. how are the islands treating you? ;)

It is approximately 80 and partly sunny, and...get this...they are seriously referring to it as a "cold snap" and advised people to "wear an extra layer or two if you go outside". True story.

I thought it might be the Cleveland Clinic, but had no theory for what the "F" stood for.

So either we are all in the same third or they sent it to everyone haha

mayo-rochester: Got a personalized lettter and which said "will rank you favorably" from them.
Georgetown: not personalized, but said " will rank you favorably"
wake: havent heard anything back from them

Anyone here get phone calls?

Anyone here get phone calls?

Only phone call I got was from Indiana. I bet everyone that applied there got the same. Nonetheless, it is my numero uno. An absolutely top notch program in every way. I hope and pray to end up there. But I am out of state and they are VERY friendly to in-staters unfortunately. I can still hope, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
what did people hear from stanford?

i heard from another applicant that ccf sends out three versions of the email...one correlating with the top third, another the middle third and then the bottom third. i don't know which "favorably" means. any ccf residents out there want to put an end to our misery? :)

It just seems like a bad idea to send 3 different emails, because if you find out you're in the bottom 3rd, or even 2nd tier candidate, you might as well just drop CCF from your ROL, thus CCF could potentially get less people ranking them.

It just seems like a bad idea to send 3 different emails, because if you find out you're in the bottom 3rd, or even 2nd tier candidate, you might as well just drop CCF from your ROL, thus CCF could potentially get less people ranking them.
why would you drop them off your list though? while it may be less likely you match there, you still have a shot by being ranked at all. unless your primary motivation is matching at whatever program is highest on your list, rather than where you want to be, it makes no sense at all to drop them completely.

why would you drop them off your list though? while it may be less likely you match there, you still have a shot by being ranked at all. unless your primary motivation is matching at whatever program is highest on your list, rather than where you want to be, it makes no sense at all to drop them completely.

Oh I agree, you're right its better than no shot at all.

i agree, my best friend (in the DO match) ranked a program based on one of these emails lower than what she really wanted. you should rank programs based on how much you want to match there not on whether they want you or not. that said, it is nice to hear from programs....i would like to hear from more of the programs on my list.

I haven't heard much from that many places...emails from UCLA and CCF (the generic one), and mainly replies from places I expressed interest in. Hope this isn't a bad sign, but oh well, what's done is done now...just waiting....:rolleyes:

i haven't emailed any programs to tell them where i am ranking them...should i?

i haven't emailed any programs to tell them where i am ranking them...should i?

I asked this same question and really do not know either. Has anyone done this, and what is the protocol?

I emailed just my top Anesthesia program and told them I am ranking them 1st. I didn't email any other programs, because what program wants to be told "I loved your program and I am ranking you 4th"?

I emailed my first choice. It can't hurt you!

Has anyone heard anything from Cornell, BIDMC, or U of C?

alright, these things are starting to pour in via ERAS, snail mail, and regular email. I'm going to go out on a limb and exclaim that they mean nothing. NOTHING. I will definitely be ignoring them. So sad. Why can't people ONLY send stuff if they truly mean it? Is honesty too much to ask for? clearly.

alright, these things are starting to pour in via ERAS, snail mail, and regular email.

You just must be that good. They must have taken one look at your fingers and said to themselves "we better get this kid, he's got the fingers of a world class anesthesiologist. Rank him 1st."

You just must be that good. They must have taken one look at your fingers and said to themselves "we better get this kid, he's got the fingers of a world class anesthesiologist. Rank him 1st."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I still call bulls***.

I think that was directed towards me. I have SPECIAL fingers. plus my toes...

sixfingers.jpg

got a letter from dartmouth after my interview saying basically that they thought my interviews went well and they liked me and would rank me for an advance and categorical position.
did everyone get a letter from dartmouth after their interview...?

I got the same letter. I think they sent it to everyone.

So I got two emails today from programs. One started....Dear Andrew and then went on to say how much they enjoyed talking with me during my interview. The second started.....Dear Edward and went on to say how they were sorry they didn't get a chance to meet with me during my interview but how everyone said such great things about the visit. The second one actually seemed quite personal and mentioned specific stuff that I talked about during my interview but this is the problem.

My name isn't Andrew or Edward.

It's all BS. You would think that they would at least get the name right when they send out these emails. It could have been an honest mistake and the second email seems like that was the case but still, I wouldn't put to much faith into any of this crap.

anyone hear anything from vcu, mcg, uthouston, utsw, oklahoma?

Silence from VCU and OKC (didn't interview at the others).

Got some love from Louisville, UT - Knoxville, and CCF.

Curious about how many other people heard from Louisville or UT... (I know about CCF already)

I just interviewed in my top choice, and sent a thank you email to the pd telling him that his program was number 1 in my list. I never got a response back from him eventhough his program has the reputation of writing personal emails to the people they interview. No response from them, nada! :(

Does this mean I am not going to be ranked favorably by them???

yep, got the articles too along with some emails.

letter from ut houston. nothing from utsw. letter and postcard from NW.

i got a letter from uthouston as well but it wasn't that personal...just wondering if anyone got anything a little more personalized?

Same here. At least it made me feel good for the 15 minutes I didn't know everybody else got the same thing.

ditto. the thing is, how do we know that the three of us aren't actually in their top tier? i mean no one else said yes....yet. damnit damnit damnit!

oh whatev. my list is set, regardless.

Got the same personalized letter and postcard from NW