emails/letters after interviews here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HotFratBoy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody get anything after interviewing at any of these places? thanks.

Hopkins
MGH
UAB
WashU
UNC
Penn
BIDMC
Wake
Emory
Vandy

Members don't see this ad.

Got an email from Penn. Nothing from Hopkins. Dont know about the others.

I got a letter in the mail from UAB and an email from Vandy.

Interesting post. what about the others, anyone hear anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got a christmas card from scott and white....and i haven't even interviewed there yet. and a postcard from a resident i met at the interview dinner from UPMC

anyone hear anything from suny upstate or stony brook?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received letters and emails from Columbia, Northwestern, OSU. Who knows what this all means.

I received an email from Vandy and a letter from Florida.

MCG gave me a survey to fill out on how to improve their interview.

Anyone else have post-interview info from UNC?

Received an email from Temple about a week after my interview.

Personalized letter from Mayo Rochester, personalized e-mail from UTMB, form e-mail from Louisville

So I wonder what it means if YOU haven't heard anything from a program that others have heard from. Blah blah. This must end SOON!

So I wonder what it means if YOU haven't heard anything from a program that others have heard from. Blah blah. This must end SOON!

Ignore it all and rank the programs in your order of preference. I know the love notes feel good, but they shouldn't change your rank list.

form e-mail from Louisville

Hey, dude, I would be very interested in what you mean by "form e-mail" from the 'Ville. I know someone who got a letter from there and was super excited thinking it virtually meant a guaranteed spot, but if everyone got the same thing, maybe not. Apparently the letter this person got was addressed to them personally and was pretty specific with saying they liked him and felt like he was a good fit with the program and they hoped he would rank them highly or something along those lines. You can PM me if you don't want to share publicly. I am sure my buddy would appreciate some info!

Anyone hear anything from the University of Chicago after interviewing there?

any more recently letters or emails from programs?

definitely interested about the hopkins one as HFB is above!

I received a letter from UCLA and from Dartmouth.

Personalized letter from Dr. Zapol at MGH, two personalized e-mails from interviewers at Penn, post-card and phone call from UPMC, personalized letter from Dartmouth, form letter from GWU, form e-mail from Georgetown.

anyone hear anything from boston u, usc, uc irvine, harbor-ucla, mayo rochester, penn state?

nothing from UCI but i did get a personalized letter from the PD at mayo rochester a couple weeks after my interview

I have gotten letters from UCLA, UCSF, Northwestern and Loma Linda. Four more interviews and then I will finally be done WHOOPEE!!!

Anyone hear back from OHSU or UCSD post-interview?

Got a "will rank you very highly" letter from UCSD

Got a "thanks for coming" card from the administrative staff at OHSU

I got the same letter from UCSD, I wonder how many of those they give out. I thought they would be my #1 before I even interviewed there and pretty much throughout the interview season, but I'm not so sure anymore. Who knows...I guess we just go with our gut feeling.

I got the same letter from UCSD, I wonder how many of those they give out. I thought they would be my #1 before I even interviewed there and pretty much throughout the interview season, but I'm not so sure anymore. Who knows...I guess we just go with our gut feeling.

Your gut feeling is very important...don't underestimate it :thumbup:

got a promotional form letter from scott and white with a handwritten note from the pd on it. nice touch.

anyone get anything from CWRU-UH, Metro, or CCF?

I honestly don't think that ccf and uh send out thank you type things.

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back, like a couple of months ago, I got an email from the PD at Metro. I wouldn't read too much into it, though.

Good luck everyone with finalizing rank lists. Mine is still changing, daily. Hopefully I will settle on a list pretty soon.:)

I received a "thanks" card from OHSU, as well as a couple of e-mails from interviewers and the PD.

Personalized letter from Dr. Zapol at MGH, two personalized e-mails from interviewers at Penn, post-card and phone call from UPMC, personalized letter from Dartmouth, form letter from GWU, form e-mail from Georgetown.

Who called you from UPMC?

ive been sending some emails out to my top three programs and also a letter to my number one but no one has acknowledged me with a response except one program. Is this bad for me that the programs arent reciprocating with replies??

Here's where I interviewd:

Vanderbilt
Mayo - Rochester
UW - Madison
Medical College of Wisconsin
Michigan
U of Chicago
UVA
Northwestern
Oregon
Wash U STL
UW - Seattle
UCSF
Stanford

Here's who I HAVE NOT heard anything from:

UW - Madison
U of Chicago

Everybody else sent at least something post-interview. If anybody is curious as to specifics, PM me.

~Scotch