EM or Anesthesia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SurgDoc95

Surgery Resident
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
To be honest, if you feel as if anesthesiology is "kind of boring" maybe it shouldn't be one of your choices.

Aside from that, the level score is competitive for both, but EM is really competitive currently, and the step score isn't great for EM. It is above average for anesthesiology though.

Have you thought about path or rad since you're not interested in clinic?

To be honest, if you feel as if anesthesiology is "kind of boring" maybe it shouldn't be one of your choices.

Aside from that, the level score is competitive for both, but EM is really competitive currently, and the step score isn't great for EM. It is above average for anesthesiology though.

Have you thought about path or rad since you're not interested in clinic?

I say kind of boring since most of the experience I’ve had with it is with stable patients. I’m sure if/when I’m in on a more critical patient I won’t feel that way. I do like a lot of aspects of anesthesia other than a perceived lack of excitement don’t get me wrong

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I say kind of boring since most of the experience I’ve had with it is with stable patients. I’m sure if/when I’m in on a more critical patient I won’t feel that way. I do like a lot of aspects of anesthesia other than a perceived lack of excitement don’t get me wrong.

Also, I have not thought about path, but isn’t rads really competitive??

Status
Not open for further replies.