Elijah McLain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok, maybe I’m not as bright as you and can’t interpret the statistics in a way that makes small numbers seem significant like you can, but last year we had about 10 unarmed black people killed by cops. That’s a fact. In a country of 330 million, that is an incredibly small number.

10/330,000,000 = 0.00000003% chance of being an unarmed black person killed by police.

In the US, odds of death are:

- 2.5x higher chance of being killed by lightning
- 6x higher chance of being killed by a storm
- 9x higher chance of being killed by a venomous plant or animal
- and about the same odds of dying from malaria, spiders, or hot air balloons.

Fancy dance all you like, that’s still an INCREDIBLY small number. Every life lost is a tragedy, but 10 outta 330,000,000 is still a blip on the radar.

I dunno where you got 10. Here is the wapo database for black and unarmed

267510EE-F3EE-4348-94EA-D01258D96A41.jpeg

Not to mention, wapo database only includes shootings so it likely underestimates the number killed because someone like George Floyd wouldn’t have been included. You can downplay a dozen+ unnecessary deaths all you want (while hypocritically perseverating about how “pro-life” you are), but as I already pointed out earlier in the thread it doesn’t change that the fact that 1000+ fatalities by police per year as a ratio to our firearms homicide rate puts us on par per capita with ratios from Nigeria and Colombia and drastically above countries like Canada or Switzerland.

Members don't see this ad.

View attachment 312276

Not to mention, wapo database only includes shootings so it likely underestimates the number killed because someone like George Floyd wouldn’t have been included. You can downplay a dozen+ unnecessary deaths all you want (while hypocritically perseverating about how “pro-life” you are), but as I already pointed out earlier in the thread it doesn’t change that the fact that 1000+ fatalities by police per year as a ratio to our firearms homicide rate puts us on par per capita with ratios from Nigeria and Colombia and drastically above countries like Canada or Switzerland.

View attachment 312276

I forgot how angry of a dude you are. You really need to lighten up a bit. Just cause someone is on the other side as you doesn’t mean they are a bad person.

I didn’t downplay any deaths and there’s no hypocrisy here. I said every death is a tragedy, and I mean that, whether it’s the murder of an unarmed black person or the murder of an unborn child. YOU were the one that made the assertion that claims of these numbers being incredibly small was “erroneous.” And that’s clearly wrong thinking. My post showed exactly how small that number is.

And I used “about 10” as my number because I’ve seen sources say anywhere between 9-15. You really need to argue about that point?

And you can continue pointing out that non shooting murders aren’t counted, but I’ve showed previously that deaths at the hands of police are ~94% by gunshot, so whatever underestimating being done is pretty small.

And yea, there are about 1000 people killed by cops each year. You’re claiming that’s a problem with the cops or with the people? Cause maybe if people weren’t fed the false narrative that every cop is out to get them, or that they are being hunted every time they leave the house, maybe interactions with the police wouldn’t be as volatile. Just a thought.

Reactions: 1 user
I forgot how angry of a dude you are. You really need to lighten up a bit. Just cause someone is on the other side as you doesn’t mean they are a bad person.

I didn’t downplay any deaths and there’s no hypocrisy here. I said every death is a tragedy, and I mean that, whether it’s the murder of an unarmed black person or the murder of an unborn child. YOU were the one that made the assertion that claims of these numbers being incredibly small was “erroneous.” And that’s clearly wrong thinking. My post showed exactly how small that number is.

And I used “about 10” as my number because I’ve seen sources say anywhere between 9-15. You really need to argue about that point?

And you can continue pointing out that non shooting murders aren’t counted, but I’ve showed previously that deaths at the hands of police are ~94% by gunshot, so whatever underestimating being done is pretty small.

And yea, there are about 1000 people killed by cops each year. You’re claiming that’s a problem with the cops or with the people? Cause maybe if people weren’t fed the false narrative that every cop is out to get them, or that they are being hunted every time they leave the house, maybe interactions with the police wouldn’t be as volatile. Just a thought.

Ahh there it is- your sad, dimestore attempt at psychology. Dejavu all over again.

I am 1000% claiming that the 1000+ fatalities by police (and the various victim subgroups like black people and unarmed black people) are by and large a problem with the police. Or is it your contention that the American people are so violent and crazy they deserve a fatality by police : firearm homicide ratio similar to that of a former narcostate or to a subsaharan country with 200 million illegal surplus weapons and Boko Haram? Are you also one of those fools who think it makes sense that the US has 4.4% of the world's population and 22% of its prisoners?

You have got the narrative exactly backwards, or maybe you haven't heard about this guy and the garbage training and mentality that has become widespread in so many departments:

Undoubtedly you will remain one of the last holdouts of a false belief as bodycam footage, cell phone footage, and dozens of 1A audits continue to demonstrate as such, but I won't be surprised.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh there it is- your sad, dimestore attempt at psychology. Dejavu all over again.

I am 1000% claiming that the 1000+ fatalities by police (and the various victim subgroups like black people and unarmed black people) are by and large a problem with the police. Or is it your contention that the American people are so violent and crazy they deserve a fatality by police : firearm homicide ratio similar to that of a former narcostate or to a subsaharan country with 200 million illegal surplus weapons and Boko Haram? Are you also one of those fools who think it makes sense that the US has 4.4% of the world's population and 22% of its prisoners?

You have got the narrative exactly backwards, or maybe you haven't heard about this guy and the garbage training and mentality that has become widespread in so many departments:

Undoubtedly you will remain one of the last holdouts of a false belief as bodycam footage, cell phone footage, and dozens of 1A audits continue to demonstrate as such, but I won't be surprised.

What false belief exactly is that? That cops as a whole aren’t racist and aren’t murdering black people for sport?
I’ll stand by that belief. And I’m a HUGE advocate of body cams. As previously stated, they should be required at all times, and anyone knowingly turning them off or throwing them on the ground should have to answer for that in some capacity. They are crucial. Body cams and eye witness videos/testimony are totally responsible for vindicating cops in the mythical racist murders of people like Michael Brown and Rayshard Brooks.

What false belief exactly is that? That cops as a whole aren’t racist and aren’t murdering black people for sport?
I’ll stand by that belief. And I’m a HUGE advocate of body cams. As previously stated, they should be required at all times, and anyone knowingly turning them off or throwing them on the ground should have to answer for that in some capacity. They are crucial. Body cams and eye witness videos/testimony are totally responsible for vindicating cops in the mythical racist murders of people like Michael Brown and Rayshard Brooks.

We've been talking about the disproportionate number of fatalities by police in this country compared to elsewhere and the fact that blacks (even if it's a number you want to downplay) particularly when young and unarmed are killed at disproportionate rates. You can keep your fantasy strawmen about all cops being racist or all of them hunting black people for sport for yourself so you can knock them down later in the imaginary arguments you win in your head.

But if you reaallly want to talk about doing things for sport, imagine the kind of dehumanization one has to embrace to think it's a good idea to return to the scene and celebrate how you trophy killed an unarmed 130lb black man with aspergers

aurora-police-department-officers-black-enterprise.jpg

Police unions are a major problem here.

And sorry, but if states and local govts are forced to cut spending because of covid recession, police funding MUST be cut. It's far better to cut police funding and redistributing the funds to education.

We've been talking about the disproportionate number of fatalities by police in this country compared to elsewhere and the fact that blacks (even if it's a number you want to downplay) particularly when young and unarmed are killed at disproportionate rates. You can keep your fantasy strawmen about all cops being racist or all of them hunting black people for sport for yourself so you can knock them down later in the imaginary arguments you win in your head.

But if you reaallly want to talk about doing things for sport, imagine the kind of dehumanization one has to embrace to think it's a good idea to return to the scene and celebrate how you trophy killed an unarmed 130lb black man with aspergers

View attachment 312286

You love to move those goal posts, don’t ya?

WE haven’t been talking about disproportionate US police fatalities compared to the rest of the world. YOU had that argument with someone else a while back, but I’m pretty sure I wasn’t involved in that. And you can keep up YOUR fantasy that unarmed blacks, all 14 of em last year - by your latest post, are killed because of racist cops, despite the fact that more unarmed whites are killed than blacks, despite the fact that some of the cops who do the killing aren’t white, despite the fact that lots of the “unarmed” are violent and dangerous regardless of lacking a weapon, and despite that when you consider actual relevant populations, and not just the general population, your disparity disappears.

And it’s not a strawman when people all over this country ARE claiming that all cops are bad. And people ARE claiming that blacks are being hunted by the police every day, and people ARE claiming that police killing black people is a pandemic, and people ARE claiming that doing normal, typical, everyday behaviors for black people is dangerous in this country because of cops. And YOU are claiming that inconvenient evidence of unarmed victims of police lethal force being very dangerous can just be pushed aside cause you think all cops are liars.

And as far as your comments about the idiot cops who took that picture, I don’t know if you’re just uninformed or being wholly disingenuous. Those weren’t the cops involved in the death of Elijah McClain, so they weren’t celebrating their “trophy kill.” And also, sigh, never mind, I’m done trying to convince you that a cop threatened by an uncooperative suspect who reaches for his gun has every right to take that suspect down with a chokehold. EMS on the other hand.....

Last edited:
You love to move those goal posts, don’t ya?

WE haven’t been talking about disproportionate US police fatalities compared to the rest of the world. YOU had that argument with someone else a while back, but I’m pretty sure I wasn’t involved in that. And you can keep up YOUR fantasy that unarmed blacks, all 14 of em last year - by your latest post, are killed because of racist cops, despite the fact that more unarmed whites are killed than blacks, despite the fact that some of the cops who do the killing aren’t white, despite the fact that lots of the “unarmed” are violent and dangerous regardless of lacking a weapon, and despite that when you consider actual relevant populations, and not just the general population, your disparity disappears.

Right, just because you're unable to actually respond to the numerous times I've brought up the disproportionality (because you're dumb founded by its reality) doesn't mean it hasn't been part of the discussion. And it is quite relevant because it doesn't just go to the question of racial bias in LE, it also lends evidence to the claim that cops here on average are way more trigger happy in general on a per capita basis. That they happen to be more trigger happy when it comes to black unarmed people stems directly from the fact there's so many fatalities by police to begin with.

Again, I'll spell it out for you- the relevant population vs general population is a false argument for unarmed killing. Something is wrong if you think a ratio 140 something white to 120 something black unarmed ppl killed in the last 5 years is OK, because that ratio makes more sense if actually talking about armed suspects currently committing a violent crime. I'm glad you're so credulous of a cop website who claims all these unarmed suspects are so violent and dangerous- I'd prefer the actual evidence vis a vis video or third part testimony, not hearsay.

Also nice phrasing "unarmed blacks, all 14 of em" -there you go. Must feel nice to be as glib about those lives as you wanted to be from the start so you can save your pro-life feelings for the fetuses.

And it’s not a strawman when people all over this country ARE claiming that all cops are bad. And people ARE claiming that blacks are being hunted by the police every day, and people ARE claiming that police killing black people is a pandemic, and people ARE claiming that doing normal, typical, everyday behaviors for black people is dangerous in this country because of cops. And YOU are claiming that inconvenient evidence of unarmed victims of police lethal force being very dangerous can just be pushed aside cause you think all cops are liars.

And I'm sure there are nutballs all over the country claiming that police are always perfect angels. Should I go knocking down all those hypothetical arguments floating out there? No, because unfortunately I'm having a discussion with you, so when you address a bunch of exaggerated nonsense claims, none of which I've made, you are trying to knock down strawmen.

And as far as your comments about the idiot cops who took that picture, I don’t know if you’re just uninformed or being wholly disingenuous. Those weren’t the cops involved in the death of Elijah McClain, so they weren’t celebrating their “trophy kill.” And also, sigh, never mind, I’m done trying to convince you that a cop threatened by an uncooperative suspect who reaches for his gun has every right to take that suspect down with a chokehold. EMS on the other hand.....

Oh I'm sorry, I guess it makes it better if it was 3 other Aurora PD and not the 3 guys who all conveniently lost all 3 bodycams?

And as far as reaching for his gun?

"According to the police report, McClain resisted when confronted by the responding police officers, and Officers Woodyard and Rosenblatt heard Officer Roedema shout "he is going for your gun". An attorney representing McClain's family said the officers involved slammed McClain into a wall immediately after apprehending him.[11][12] Roedema said that McClain "reached for and grabbed the grip of Rosenblatt's gun that was holstered."[13] There was no visual body-camera footage of McClain's alleged reach for the gun, which the officers explained by stating that all of their cameras had fallen off. However, the cameras continued to record audio, and one officer can be heard to say he did not remember feeling McClain go for his gun.
"
" Very little of the officers’ protocol can be seen, however, because all of their body cams allegedly fell off during the arrest. But if you watch the video from about the 15-minute mark (warning: the footage contains violent and upsetting content), you’ll see someone pick up the body camera and point it toward McClain and one of the officers, before dropping it back into the grass. Around 15:34, one of the officers seems to say, “Leave your camera there.” "

Last edited:
Watching this back and forth is painful. I’m pretty sure the truth lies somewhere between these two arguments.

- police do need retraining and culture change in this country
- defunding police is just plain stupid given the amount of criminality and violence that needs to be dealt with by someone who has a gun and badge.
- yes, there is a bias against blacks in this country (not just with cops) but there is no massive epidemic of unjustified cop-killings as the media would like to portray.
- violence/drugs within black communities fueled by broken families probably ends 20,000 times the number of lives than racist cops, but for some reason the media won’t devote any resources that direction to promote education, childhood education etc because it doesn’t sell.

Reactions: 4 users
Watching this back and forth is painful. I’m pretty sure the truth lies somewhere between these two arguments.

- violence/drugs within black communities fueled by broken families probably ends 20,000 times the number of lives than racist cops, but for some reason the media won’t devote any resources that direction to promote education, childhood education etc because it doesn’t sell.

Violence and drugs happen in areas of poverty. Poverty happens due to multiple factors including racism/segregation/lack of resources. Where one is born determines a lot about a person's outcomes. There is no reason that in the "greatest" country in the world on 1 block the schools are falling to pieces and there are no funds for papers and pencils, while 5 blocks away a brand new school is built with a pool and a funding for extracurricular activities. I'm not sure which media you're paying attention to, but this is exactly why people are protesting...to take funds that are used for police and reinvest them in to communities. That is what happens in white communities. Black kids in KINDERGARTEN are expelled from school at disproportionately higher rates, the bias starts young.

In addition, specific to the police and the criminal justice system, how are we supposed to repair "broken" families when our families are disproportionately torn apart due to unfair stops, arrests, trauma and killings. We are sentenced for longer and punished harsher. Try to get a job after you've been arrested with no college education and you'll see how hard that is. Rinse and repeat the vicious cycle.

I'm guessing you're not following the same information that I am because all the organizations that I'm involved with are saying resources need to be devoted to education, health care, etc and that is what I'm seeing in the media.

Reactions: 2 users

- police do need retraining and culture change in this country
- defunding police is just plain stupid given the amount of criminality and violence that needs to be dealt with by someone who has a gun and badge.
- yes, there is a bias against blacks in this country (not just with cops) but there is no massive epidemic of unjustified cop-killings as the media would like to portray.

Tell me again, what is the political slant of the media sources where you are most likely to find information on how schools are the most segregated they've been in 50 years, how while school funding on average is high per pupil, the median differs significantly on race, how the defunding of medicaid/tanf/food stamps/preK disproportionately affects minorities, how housing and job disparities contribute to single parent households, and how police bias actually is a problem at all.

And then tell me the slant of the media whose bottom line is essentially "everything is fine"

Violence and drugs happen in areas of poverty. Poverty happens due to multiple factors including racism/segregation/lack of resources. Where one is born determines a lot about a person's outcomes. There is no reason that in the "greatest" country in the world on 1 block the schools are falling to pieces and there are no funds for papers and pencils, while 5 blocks away a brand new school is built with a pool and a funding for extracurricular activities. I'm not sure which media you're paying attention to, but this is exactly why people are protesting...to take funds that are used for police and reinvest them in to communities. That is what happens in white communities. Black kids in KINDERGARTEN are expelled from school at disproportionately higher rates, the bias starts young.

In addition, specific to the police and the criminal justice system, how are we supposed to repair "broken" families when our families are disproportionately torn apart due to unfair stops, arrests, trauma and killings. We are sentenced for longer and punished harsher. Try to get a job after you've been arrested with no college education and you'll see how hard that is. Rinse and repeat the vicious cycle.

I'm guessing you're not following the same information that I am because all the organizations that I'm involved with are saying resources need to be devoted to education, health care, etc and that is what I'm seeing in the media.
In fairness, I don't see much of that mentioned in the news either.

Some print sources are good about it: the Atlantic, Forbes, stuff like that.

No one on TV or pure internet news mentions it that I've seen.

Now when you say TV or pure internet news, are you excluding opinion-news TV on CNN, FN, and MSNBC from 5pm onwards? Because the more liberal anchors have covered issues related to race, education, and criminal justice disparities indepth for years. For instance, here is an article from CNN from 2016 about racial disparities in US schools. Here is a clip from 2014 of Chris Hayes discussing [the lack of] school desegregation. Maddow, for all her political bias, has a PhD in polisci from Oxford, has written really substantive books on the oil and gas industry and our state of perpetual war/the military industrial complex, not to mention she frequently discusses the issues AMEHigh brought up from a policy standpoint (with of course the obligate amount of usually justified trump blaming).

And here is Don Lemon after the Zimmerman acquittal:

"
CNN's Don Lemon says more than 72 percent of African-American births are out of wedlock

In the middle of a national conversation about race following the George Zimmerman acquittal, CNN anchor Don Lemon gave an on-air commentary that went viral on social media. The focus of the commentary was a five-point list of recommendations. "Black people," Lemon said, "if you really want to fix the problem, here's just five things that you should think about doing."

The No. 1 item on that list -- "and probably the most important," he said -- had to do with out-of-wedlock births.

"Just because you can have a baby, it doesn't mean you should," Lemon said. "Especially without planning for one or getting married first. More than 72 percent of children in the African-American community are born out of wedlock. That means absent fathers. And the studies show that lack of a male role model is an express train right to prison and the cycle continues."

"

If you haven't seen the discussion of some substantive issues related to racial disparities on TV...perhaps you haven't been watching the right thing?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Now when you say TV or pure internet news, are you excluding opinion-news TV on CNN, FN, and MSNBC from 5pm onwards? Because the more liberal anchors have covered issues related to race, education, and criminal justice disparities indepth for years. For instance, here is an article from CNN from 2016 about racial disparities in US schools. Here is a clip from 2014 of Chris Hayes discussing [the lack of] school desegregation. Maddow, for all her political bias, has a PhD in polisci from Oxford, has written really substantive books on the oil and gas industry and our state of perpetual war/the military industrial complex, not to mention frequently discusses the issues AMEHigh brought up from a policy standpoint (with of course the obligate amount of usually justified trump blaming).

If you haven't seen the discussion of some substantive issues related to racial disparities on TV...perhaps you haven't been watching the right thing?

Yes, I'm sure you can find times when it's been mentioned before. Hence why I said that I hadn't seen it not that it didn't exist.

I peruse the front page of CNN every other day or so, same with Fox. And will glance at them if there is a TV near me with them on it.

Lately there are literally dozens of articles crucifying the police (and often anyone who tries to defend them) on the front pages of most non-Fox websites but if there are articles addressing the other parts they are not as easily found.

Yes, I'm sure you can find times when it's been mentioned before. Hence why I said that I hadn't seen it not that it didn't exist.

I peruse the front page of CNN every other day or so, same with Fox. And will glance at them if there is a TV near me with them on it.

Lately there are literally dozens of articles crucifying the police (and often anyone who tries to defend them) on the front pages of most non-Fox websites but if there are articles addressing the other parts they are not as easily found.

That's fine if you occasionally peruse CNN or have a glancing look at the TV. It's just not consistent or the same thing as saying to AMEHigh "In fairness, I don't see X, Y, or Z" or "No one on TV or pure internet news mentions X, ,Y, or Z" when you self-admittedly don't consume that much of the media which you're saying doesnt carry the content in question.

That's fine if you occasionally peruse CNN or have a glancing look at the TV. It's just not consistent or the same thing as saying to AMEHigh "In fairness, I don't see X, Y, or Z" or "No one on TV or pure internet news mentions X, ,Y, or Z" when you self-admittedly don't consume that much of the media which you're saying doesnt carry the content in question.
You're again ignoring my addition of "that I've seen".

Plus, I'm purposefully offering my opinion as someone who doesn't consume much cable/internet-only news.

You're again ignoring my addition of "that I've seen".

Plus, I'm purposefully offering my opinion as someone who doesn't consume much cable/internet-only news.

You're purposefully doing it now after the fact by clarifying that "that I've seen" in reality means that you haven't actually seen a whole lot. It's something you didn't do in your original post, where to someone reading that post it sounds like you consume a decent amount of TV and internet news and thus are disagreeing with AMEHigh's assertion with a degree of confidence beyond what an every-other-day / glancing-at-headlines consumer should have.

E; also, I really don't enjoy being this pedantic about it, but I'm honestly sick and tired of this prevailing notion that there's some kind of extreme media bias. We've gotten to the point where the narrative that the media is biased has taken on a life greater than the actual media bias, and the notion is now shouted about with no or minimal understanding of what's actually in internet, tv, and print journalism nowadays

Last edited:
In fairness, I don't see much of that mentioned in the news either.

Some print sources are good about it: the Atlantic, Forbes, stuff like that.

Ok?
I'm not sure what point you and the person I quoted are trying to make.
These have been problems for decades and Black people have been yelling about them for decades and yes that includes police brutality. Hello Rodney King, which I'm sure most of us are old enough to remember (obviously there are examples before that, just naming one that made national headlines that most of us can remember).
The 24 hour news cycle these days is trash, but that doesn't mean that the problems of this country should be ignored because the media in general isn't great.
And most people posting on here are smart enough I think to educate themselves, yet we have pages and pages of people disputing that in general Black people (and other people of color) are treated unfairly due to the foundations of this country that still affect all of us today, which have lead to our poorer outcomes when it comes to wealth, health, etc. Why are we still debating this?!

You're purposefully doing it now after the fact by clarifying that "that I've seen" in reality means that you haven't actually seen a whole lot. It's something you didn't do in your original post, where to someone reading that post it sounds like you consume a decent amount of TV and internet news and thus are disagreeing with AMEHigh's assertion with a degree of confidence beyond what an every-other-day / glancing-at-headlines consumer should have.

E; also, I really don't enjoy being this pedantic about it, but I'm honestly sick and tired of this prevailing notion that there's some kind of extreme media bias. We've gotten to the point where the narrative that the media is biased has taken on a life greater than the actual media bias, and the notion is now shouted about with no or minimal understanding of what's actually in internet, tv, and print journalism nowadays
I didn't say anything about media bias.

And you're reading what you want into what I said. I know what I said and how I meant it.

Ok?
I'm not sure what point you and the person I quoted are trying to make.
These have been problems for decades and Black people have been yelling about them for decades and yes that includes police brutality. Hello Rodney King, which I'm sure most of us are old enough to remember (obviously there are examples before that, just naming one that made national headlines that most of us can remember).
The 24 hour news cycle these days is trash, but that doesn't mean that the problems of this country should be ignored because the media in general isn't great.
And most people posting on here are smart enough I think to educate themselves, yet we have pages and pages of people disputing that in general Black people (and other people of color) are treated unfairly due to the foundations of this country that still affect all of us today, which have lead to our poorer outcomes when it comes to wealth, health, etc. Why are we still debating this?!
You're ascribing to me lots of things I have never said and don't believe.

I'm actually pretty sure I'm on record in other parts of SDN saying that to make a difference in the inequality y'all face we need to remove the barriers that we can and improve early education/opportunities so that the minorities that are struggling don't fall behind.

I suspect we would disagree about specifics on how to do that, but we likely agree on the general ideas.

I didn't say anything about media bias.

And you're reading what you want into what I said. I know what I said and how I meant it.

"Lately there are literally dozens of articles crucifying the police (and often anyone who tries to defend them) on the front pages of most non-Fox websites but if there are articles addressing the other parts they are not as easily found."

The above quoted is pretty much the textbook definition of what someone would write if he were concerned about media bias in reporting about race, police, BLM, criminal justice etc

"Lately there are literally dozens of articles crucifying the police (and often anyone who tries to defend them) on the front pages of most non-Fox websites but if there are articles addressing the other parts they are not as easily found."

The above quoted is pretty much the textbook definition of what someone would write if he were concerned about media bias in reporting about race, police, BLM, criminal justice etc
Good for your hypothetical him. Not the point I was trying to make.

Exactly what my original post says, nothing more and nothing less.

Sure. If you wanna go with the non-response response then I'll just continue with the reasonable belief that someone going on about there being "dozen of articles crucifying police" on "most non-Fox websites" probably has some concern about media bias.

Oh I'm sorry, I guess it makes it better if it was 3 other Aurora PD and not the 3 guys who all conveniently lost all 3 bodycams?

Doesn't make it better, never said it did. Just said your statement was either disingenuous or ignorant, cause it was factually inaccurate. I just didn't know if you were aware of the inaccuracy or not.

And as far as reaching for his gun?

"According to the police report, McClain resisted when confronted by the responding police officers, and Officers Woodyard and Rosenblatt heard Officer Roedema shout "he is going for your gun". An attorney representing McClain's family said the officers involved slammed McClain into a wall immediately after apprehending him.[11][12] Roedema said that McClain "reached for and grabbed the grip of Rosenblatt's gun that was holstered."[13] There was no visual body-camera footage of McClain's alleged reach for the gun, which the officers explained by stating that all of their cameras had fallen off. However, the cameras continued to record audio, and one officer can be heard to say he did not remember feeling McClain go for his gun.
"
" Very little of the officers’ protocol can be seen, however, because all of their body cams allegedly fell off during the arrest. But if you watch the video from about the 15-minute mark (warning: the footage contains violent and upsetting content), you’ll see someone pick up the body camera and point it toward McClain and one of the officers, before dropping it back into the grass. Around 15:34, one of the officers seems to say, “Leave your camera there.” "

You obviously haven't read my posts about body cam usage. Feel free to read back if you actually want my thoughts on it. I'm pro body cams.

But in regards to the reaching for the gun issue. I'll ask you again, cause I don't believe you answered earlier.....did you actually watch the body cam footage? Its very, very simple, and if you can't grasp the concept, I can only assume it's because you have a preconceived notion about the police's intentions. But I'll spell it out for you again.

If you watch the body cam footage, one cop clearly tells his partner that Elijah "grabbed your gun dude." Whether the body cam footage captures the guy reaching for his gun or whether or not the cop actually recalls feeling the guy reach for his gun is completely and utterly irrelevant. All that is relevant is if the guy trusts his partner in that moment, and whether his partner is lying or not. So on the first point, you gotta assume the guy believes his partner. Why wouldn't he? So then all your left with is whether or not his partner is lying. I have zero reason to assume that the guy would be lying. And neither does his partner. And when a cop is told by his partner that someone is grabbing his gun, it's very reasonable for the cop to believe there is a threat and take the guy to the ground. The only reason that the cop would be lying in that situation is that he is an utter racist or an utter A-hole, has predetermined that he and his partner are going to do something illegal and violent, and he therefore is planting an alibi for all his future actions. If you watch the body cam footage and that's your conclusion, I don't know what to tell ya. But you've already stated that you inherently doubt the veracity of police, I guess simply cause they are police? Either way, you got your mind made up it seems like.

Additional point, the officers body cams, at the time the claim was made about Mr McClain grabbing the officer's gun, were still on their chests and recording. They had not fallen to the ground at that point in time. So whatever article you are quoting (which you didn't source) got that wrong. And you would know that had you actually watched the body cam footage. Just a tip, it's helpful to watch the actual footage of what happened and make your own opinions, don't just take some 'journalists' take on the story.

Finally, the last thing I'll say to you on unarmed black deaths at the hands of the police. You seem to have a desire to find racism where it simply doesn't exist. I don't know why that is. No one is claiming there are no racists. I certainly haven't. No one is claiming that black people's general experience with police isn't different than white peoples'. I certainly haven't. And as an aside, here's a great discussion on this topic for anyone interested.

Again, it goes back to my point that I made earlier. If you want to change people's mind who don't agree with you, focus on a REAL problem, not an over-the-top narrative. If you want to talk about general police brutality, that's fine. If you wanna talk about how the black person in the inner city is treated vs the black person in the suburbs, fine. If you wanna discuss whether chokeholds are a valid police tactic, thats a great topic to discuss. When you keep spouting the false narrative that cops (regardless of the race of the cop) are killing black unarmed men at crazy disproportionate rates due to racism, that's a losing argument and not supported by data.

Jumping to conclusions about racism makes people who aren't full on 'woke' very frustrated. We like to believe most people are good at heart, and treat people the same regardless of their skin color. It's really such a sad thing to not have that world view to be honest. Perfect example is how AMEhigh claims racial bias because of disparities in kindergarten expulsions. Her assumption is because there's a disparity, there must be bias/racism. I mean....wow. I just can't imagine what it's like to live in a world where you assume the worst about people based simply off data that could be explained by many other factors, but instead what makes most sense to you is that most kindergarten teachers are racist/biased?

I don't know what she exactly was referencing, but here's some info about preschoolers and expulsion.

"The rates of preschool expulsions varied dramatically with age, gender, and race: 4-year-olds were expelled at a higher rate than 3-year-olds; boys were over four times as likely to be ousted from prekindergarten as girls; and black children were expelled about twice as often as Latino and white youngsters, and over five times as often as Asian-American children."

Does one look at that and really conclude the teachers must be racist against the black children? Really? If so, one must also conclude that the teachers are sexist and ageist then too, right? And also that they must be Asian supremacists, yeah? :smack:

What if there were no black kids at that school, and someone wrote an article claiming that the teachers must hate the white and Hispanic kids because they get expelled more often than Asians?

Cmon people, use some common sense. Perhaps there's some correlation with culture, with values, with up bringing that has some impact on how people behave and interact with society. It's illogical to assume that with over 7 1/2 billion people in the world, with all sorts of upbringings, with all sorts of family values, and all different kinds of culture, that every single person should have the exact same outcome when interacting with various aspects of life. People have different outcomes, and I'd say the vast majority of the time, the outcome is dictated by that person's choices and actions, or secondary to the actions and choices of their parents. Are people treated unfairly sometimes? Of course. And when we see racism, and bias, and unfair treatment, we should of course call it out, but we shouldn't spend our lives constantly entrenched in victimhood, and rushing to explain every single disparity in our world by pointing the finger at someone else and claiming racism/sexism/etc.

Last edited:
  • Love
But in regards to the reaching for the gun issue. I'll ask you again, cause I don't believe you answered earlier.....did you actually watch the body cam footage?

Yep, I watched it when it hit YouTube. I’m wondering if you did, because this is what the 3 seconds prior and after the so-called gun grabbing you’re referring to looks like

86D979B0-7A47-4C98-9709-C43CC2BB6342.jpeg

A blurry black blob with no detail. And then they leave the cameras on the ground for the duration of the carotid hold and when he’s puking and pleading. Keep in mind that McClain still hadn’t committed any crime as one of the officers even says on the tape, but of course these jokers within 20 seconds of initiating the encounter needlessly escalate the situation physically even though the guy is going on about his rights and being an introvert with boundary issues, aka saying things clearly consistent with someone who doesn’t want to get violent or physical.

It’s just incredible how you so blindly follow the thin blue line horsesht that you probably haven’t even considered how the situation might’ve gone if those *****s had maybe led the encounter with “Hey are you ok? Do you need a ride? Can we ask why you’re wearing a mask because it looks suspicious? Could you please stop and talk with us?

Further, let’s not forget the broader narrative, which is that of the systemic racism within the entire criminal justice system that keeps potential malfeasance around black victims unknown until the outcry reaches a fever pitch. This case, no matter what side your opinion comes down on, was deserving of a thorough investigation. The incident happened last August, and just like the Arbery case, was buried for months until a social media outcry made its burial untenable.

The only reason that the cop would be lying in that situation is that he is an utter racist or an utter A-hole,

Utter racists and @-holes? I wonder why I would think that when the Aurora PD is filled with fine, upstanding people like this bunch

4DA6A17C-971C-420A-AA04-63C63821F33B.jpeg

Last edited:
I love how Americans are yelling about wearing a mask is taking away their freedom yet think that Elijah was in the wrong for walking down the street doing nothing and supposedly not cooperating with cops when they rolled up on him and started touching him.

Priorities all sorts of backward.

Reactions: 4 users
Lol, it’s funny how you guys contort the facts of the story to your narrative every time you talk. And your argument is that the body cam, which is on the chest of the officer, was black and blurry while wrestling the uncooperative person to the ground as he allegedly grabs for the officers gun? Whaddya expect when your arms are wrapped around a person in a physical scuffle? A birds eye view?

Two different realities my friend, that’s where we apparently live. I’ll try and take solace in the fact that the majority of the people who read this thread, and the majority of Americans, can digest the events of that night with a bit more of a neutral stance, and a little less obvious hatred, than you.

Cheers.

I love how Americans are yelling about wearing a mask is taking away their freedom yet think that Elijah was in the wrong for walking down the street doing nothing and supposedly not cooperating with cops when they rolled up on him and started touching him.

Priorities all sorts of backward.
Absolutely nothing wrong walking down the street.
May or may not be reasonable for a cop to stop and detain you breifly based off what reports they get.
if they decide to physically detain you and they shouldn’t, the way to deal with that is lawyers later
Once in custody, everyone should get appropriate medical care

all of those can be true

Lol, it’s funny how you guys contort the facts of the story to your narrative every time you talk. And your argument is that the body cam, which is on the chest of the officer, was black and blurry while wrestling the uncooperative person to the ground as he allegedly grabs for the officers gun? Whaddya expect when your arms are wrapped around a person in a physical scuffle? A birds eye view?

Two different realities my friend, that’s where we apparently live. I’ll try and take solace in the fact that the majority of the people who read this thread, and the majority of Americans, can digest the events of that night with a bit more of a neutral stance, and a little less obvious hatred, than you.

Cheers.

You were referring to the bodycams still being present at the time of the alleged gun grabbing as if that actually meant something, when really it doesn't mean jacksht or corroborate anybody's claim about going for the gun. What the transcrupt thankfully does do is demonstrate needless aggression, escalation, and the mindset that's because so popular in LE where the neighborhoods they patrol are all filled with enemy combatants instead of citizens and they're the occupying force unleashed to set things right. Again, within less than 20 seconds of getting out of the cruiser the cops initiated physicality even though there was no sign of violence or a threat from McClain.

And as far as what the majority of Americans think in the wake of these senseless killings

Screenshot_20200710-093849_Chrome.jpg

Uhhhh, YOU were the one that brought up the body cams position at the time of the gun grabbing, and you incorrectly stated that they were on the ground. I was simply correcting your false narrative again.

And what does a poll about BLM have to do with people’s ability to interpret a situation based on facts and not preconceived bias like you do?

You guys have a lotta time to post lol.

It’s fairly obvious to me that just because black kindergarteners are expelled more often than white doesn’t mean systemic racism. Same as if black unarmed suspects are killled more often doesn’t mean systemic cop racism. Same concept in that poor blacks score less well on standardized tests than poor Asians — doesn’t mean the tests are “racist” or biased either

I would think as scientists we know the basic difference between correlation and causation?

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to study and address the causes of these things (while realizing “equality” of outcomes should NOT be the immediate goal, as fairness needs to be judged on an individual, not group, basis).

I’d be interested in how cultural upbringing influences all these outcomes. For example, there are big differences in different Asian cultures (in terms of emphasis on education, hard work, marriage etc). I would be interested in a study that controlled for poverty and looked at outcomes (criminal, class etc) based on cultural norms in various Asian groups (which would help answer the racism question since most Asians are “treated” the same in this country by the mainstream).

It’s fairly obvious to me that just because black kindergarteners are expelled more often than white doesn’t mean systemic racism. Same as if black unarmed suspects are killled more often doesn’t mean systemic cop racism. Same concept in that poor blacks score less well on standardized tests than poor Asians — doesn’t mean the tests are “racist” or biased either

I would think as scientists we know the basic difference between correlation and causation?

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to study and address the causes of these things (while realizing “equality” of outcomes should NOT be the immediate goal, as fairness needs to be judged on an individual, not group, basis).

I’d be interested in how cultural upbringing influences all these outcomes. For example, there are big differences in different Asian cultures (in terms of emphasis on education, hard work, marriage etc). I would be interested in a study that controlled for poverty and looked at outcomes (criminal, class etc) based on cultural norms in various Asian groups (which would help answer the racism question since most Asians are “treated” the same in this country by the mainstream).

Stop it now with all that reasonable talk.

Come over to my house I have a new game to play.

I've been practicing and practicing and practicing.

It's really important to me.

My parents showed me how to play and I don't want to let them down.

Oh you've never played before, here are the quick and dirty rules, Ok lets play

Hmmm.. I win. You lost. I must just be naturally better than you..

Reactions: 2 users
Uhhhh, YOU were the one that brought up the body cams position at the time of the gun grabbing, and you incorrectly stated that they were on the ground. I was simply correcting your false narrative again.

And what does a poll about BLM have to do with people’s ability to interpret a situation based on facts and not preconceived bias like you do?

" If you watch the body cam footage, one cop clearly tells his partner that Elijah "grabbed your gun dude." Whether the body cam footage captures the guy reaching for his gun or whether or not the cop actually recalls feeling the guy reach for his gun is completely and utterly irrelevant. All that is relevant is if the guy trusts his partner in that moment, and whether his partner is lying or not. "

I wish you could get it through your thick skull that whether the bodycam captured the footage of McClain reaching for a gun is TOTALLY relevant. Or are you not familiar with a he-said-he-said? You are lending the cops 100% credibility that they are being honest and not merely saying to each other during the incident the "magic words" about gun-grabbing so that when the transcript reveals the degree of their unprovoked aggression and physicality against a 140lb introvert aspergers vegetarian, thin blue line cop fanboys like you can point to McClain making a supposed move.

As far as preconceived bias, you are the one continually ignoring A. the fact that systemic racism within the criminal justice system covered up this whole incident from closer scrutiny for months, and B. the biggest piece of damning behavioral evidence about the Aurora PD because it destroys your notion of how credible they are; the picture of those three other Aurora PD sociopaths celebrating the chokehold (and the fourth who laughs at the picture SMS) lends more credence to the theory that their officers are not to be believed as you keep claiming, because there is stonecold evidence of numerous officers engaging in an activity characterized like this:

“To even think about doing such a thing, it’s beyond comprehension, and it’s reprehensible. It shows a lack of morals, values, and integrity, and a judgment that I can no longer trust to allow them to wear this badge,” Interim Police Chief Vanessa Wilson said in a news conference Friday.

1594406934839.png

1594407029974.png

Beyond just the issue of race, how can anyone argue that the following infographic data isn't at least in part due to having poorly trained trigger happy cops out there:

1594406834550.png

" If you watch the body cam footage, one cop clearly tells his partner that Elijah "grabbed your gun dude." Whether the body cam footage captures the guy reaching for his gun or whether or not the cop actually recalls feeling the guy reach for his gun is completely and utterly irrelevant. All that is relevant is if the guy trusts his partner in that moment, and whether his partner is lying or not. "

I wish you could get it through your thick skull that whether the bodycam captured the footage of McClain reaching for a gun is TOTALLY relevant. Or are you not familiar with a he-said-he-said? You are lending the cops 100% credibility that they are being honest and not merely saying to each other during the incident the "magic words" about gun-grabbing so that when the transcript reveals the degree of their unprovoked aggression and physicality against a 140lb introvert aspergers vegetarian, thin blue line cop fanboys like you can point to McClain making a supposed move.

As far as preconceived bias, you are the one continually ignoring A. the fact that systemic racism within the criminal justice system covered up this whole incident from closer scrutiny for months, and B. the biggest piece of damning behavioral evidence about the Aurora PD because it destroys your notion of how credible they are; the picture of those three other Aurora PD sociopaths celebrating the chokehold (and the fourth who laughs at the picture SMS) lends more credence to the theory that their officers are not to be believed as you keep claiming, because there is stonecold evidence of numerous officers engaging in an activity characterized like this:

Like I said, two different worlds we live in. You live in the world where you assume cops pre-plan alibis to cover up intentional violence, and even murder, against total strangers. I don’t live in that world.

And you also live in a world where some idiots taking a picture somehow damages the credibility of a different cop who thought someone was reaching for his partners gun. Gotcha

Last edited:

Magic words indeed. That reminds me of the Florida Costco gun toting mask protester yelling, “I feel threatened!” while aggressively approaching somebody videotaping his idiocy.

Reactions: 3 users
Like I said, two different worlds we live in. You live in the world where you assume cops pre-plan alibis to cover up intentional violence, and even murder, against total strangers. I don’t live in that world.

And you also live in a world where some idiots taking a picture somehow damages the credibility of a different cop who thought someone was reaching for his partners gun. Gotcha
You have seriously never heard of cops lying to cover their asses and then video comes out to prove that it was a big fat lie?
Guess what Cops lie. Know why, because they are human.
Do you have family or friends that are cops and that is what you are vehemently defending he said, she said?
What proof do we have the the said gun was actually reached for?
When you are a white person in this country, it is very, very easy to live in the world like you do, because it’s YOUR reality. You don’t have cops patrolling your neighborhoods and treating you like a criminal simply because you live in a certain area and look a certain way.
When you are a minority like we are, our reality is different. Doesn’t mean the stuff we say about the way we are treated and how we are perceived is made up. Doesn’t mean the way you see things is made up. It just means that we live in DIFFERENT worlds, are of DIFFERENT cultures and are therefore treated DIFFERENTLY.
If you don’t believe other people’s reality, go volunteer to live in the inner city for a few months and take in the reality of poor black and brown people and then maybe, just maybe you will understand what “driving while black, or walking while black, minding your business but harassed by cops” means.
Otherwise, it’s a complete waste of time to try to make you understand things you may never have seen.

Guess what, most cops probably aren’t racist. However implicit bias is real. Even amongst us blacks. So when a black cop kills a black person, doesn’t throw they whole racism thing out the window. It’s really implicit bias that is driving this whole thing quite frankly. Brought on by the racist history of this country.

We have been conditioned to think that black peoples are a violent, uncivilized being when in reality, the circumstances of how they were brought here and treated as slaves, and then set “free” to thrive in the ghettos without proper education and jobs, has a hell of a lot to do with all this violence that you see in the “hood”.

But I am sure in your white world, behind your white picket fence you are sheltered and don’t see this so therefore you continue to remain ignorant.

Your views aren’t irrelevant. But neither are @vector2. They are just based on different life experiences.

So don’t try to discount our black and brown views. And act like we are making **** up when it has been studied and shown that implicit bias leads to how disproportionately blacks and browns are treated compared to whites.

Please realize that your eyes are not the only ones capable of sight.

Reactions: 5 users
You have seriously never heard of cops lying to cover their asses and then video comes out to prove that it was a big fat lie?
Guess what Cops lie. Know why, because they are human.
Do you have family or friends that are cops and that is what you are vehemently defending he said, she said?
What proof do we have the the said gun was actually reached for?
When you are a white person in this country, it is very, very easy to live in the world like you do, because it’s YOUR reality. You don’t have cops patrolling your neighborhoods and treating you like a criminal simply because you live in a certain area and look a certain way.
When you are a minority like we are, our reality is different. Doesn’t mean the stuff we say about the way we are treated and how we are perceived is made up. Doesn’t mean the way you see things is made up. It just means that we live in DIFFERENT worlds, are of DIFFERENT cultures and are therefore treated DIFFERENTLY.
If you don’t believe other people’s reality, go volunteer to live in the inner city for a few months and take in the reality of poor black and brown people and then maybe, just maybe you will understand what “driving while black, or walking while black, minding your business but harassed by cops” means.
Otherwise, it’s a complete waste of time to try to make you understand things you may never have seen.

Guess what, most cops probably aren’t racist. However implicit bias is real. Even amongst us blacks. So when a black cop kills a black person, doesn’t throw they whole racism thing out the window. It’s really implicit bias that is driving this whole thing quite frankly. Brought on by the racist history of this country.

We have been conditioned to think that black peoples are a violent, uncivilized being when in reality, the circumstances of how they were brought here and treated as slaves, and then set “free” to thrive in the ghettos without proper education and jobs, has a hell of a lot to do with all this violence that you see in the “hood”.

But I am sure in your white world, behind your white picket fence you are sheltered and don’t see this so therefore you continue to remain ignorant.

Your views aren’t irrelevant. But neither are @vector2. They are just based on different life experiences.

So don’t try to discount our black and brown views. And act like we are making **** up when it has been studied and shown that implicit bias leads to how disproportionately blacks and browns are treated compared to whites.

Please realize that your eyes are not the only ones capable of sight.

Listen, first off, you know nothing about me or where I’m from and how I grew up. Second, if you’ve read any of my posts, you’d know what I’ve focused on specifically was the claim that cops are murdering black people on the regular because they are racist. I’ve fully acknowledged that different people have different experiences with police and that there a ton of factors that go into why that happens. I believe I posted a link to a great discussion on that exact topic just recently.

So again, I’ve never said anything about discounting the viewpoint of people from different ethnic groups than my own. I’ve simply stated that it’s a falsehood that cops murder black people at some abnormal rare compared to other races, and I’ve also stated that I think it’s wrong to assume this cop is lying for no reason, and that he had some kind of racist master plan to cover up the “future” death that he apparently was planning or knew would happen before hand.

You guys seem to be judging this cop and his intentions based on how you view his entire group as a whole. It’s almost like you aren’t judging each individual on the content of their character, but by the color of their....uniform.

That seems wrong to me.

Aren’t we innocent until proven guilty in this country? Seems like y’all are saying this cop is guilty of lying unless we can prove that his claim was truthful somehow. Again, I like to assume people are good and take them at their word unless there is proof they are lying. If you wanna assume the opposite, that’s your prerogative, but I think it’s wrongheaded.

Listen, first off, you know nothing about me or where I’m from and how I grew up. Second, if you’ve read any of my posts, you’d know what I’ve focused on specifically was the claim that cops are murdering black people on the regular because they are racist. I’ve fully acknowledged that different people have different experiences with police and that there a ton of factors that go into why that happens. I believe I posted a link to a great discussion on that exact topic just recently.

So again, I’ve never said anything about discounting the viewpoint of people from different ethnic groups than my own. I’ve simply stated that it’s a falsehood that cops murder black people at some abnormal rare compared to other races, and I’ve also stated that I think it’s wrong to assume this cop is lying for no reason, and that he had some kind of racist master plan to cover up the “future” death that he apparently was planning or knew would happen before hand.

You guys seem to be judging this cop and his intentions based on how you view his entire group as a whole. It’s almost like you aren’t judging each individual on the content of their character, but by the color of their....uniform.

That seems wrong to me.

Aren’t we innocent until proven guilty in this country? Seems like y’all are saying this cop is guilty of lying unless we can prove that his claim was truthful somehow. Again, I like to assume people are good and take them at their word unless there is proof they are lying. If you wanna assume the opposite, that’s your prerogative, but I think it’s wrongheaded.
Innocent until proven guilty?

Funny you should say that.

Because the whole content of this post is about Elijah, a kid who was treated in every way possible as “guilty” until proven innocent. And what did that result in?

Oh yeah, his death.

Think before you type.

And you sound defensive as hell. I have read your posts. All of them. And you seem to completely be on the cops’ side and don’t even question their “truth” as if they are infallible beings.

Considering how cameras have now caught quite a few them lying time and time again to cover their asses and that their lies can lead to peoples’ death, it’s amazing that all of us aren’t questioning EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM each time someone dies or is maimed.

This is not the same as a little white lie that leads to someone getting ripped off for a few bucks. This is life and death. No coming back from that.

*****But of course it’s a little white lie when it’s not that big of a lie. I wonder what it is when it is a big ass lie that leads to irreversible consequences like death? Is it called a little black lie?
Hmm. Where did this saying come from anyway?

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing wrong walking down the street.
May or may not be reasonable for a cop to stop and detain you breifly based off what reports they get.
if they decide to physically detain you and they shouldn’t, the way to deal with that is lawyers later
Once in custody, everyone should get appropriate medical care

all of those can be true
I didn’t realize everyone had access to free litigators.

Innocent until proven guilty?

Funny you should say that.

Because the whole content of this post is about Elijah, a kid who was treated in every way possible as “guilty” until proven innocent. And what did that result in?

Oh yeah, his death.

Think before you type.

And you sound defensive as hell. I have read your posts. All of them. And you seem to completely be on the cops’ side and don’t even question their “truth” as if they are infallible beings.

Considering how cameras have now caught quite a few them lying time and time again to cover their asses and that their lies can lead to peoples’ death, it’s amazing that all of us aren’t questioning EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM each time someone dies or is maimed.

This is not the same as a little white lie that leads to someone getting ripped off for a few bucks. This is life and death. No coming back from that.

*****But of course it’s a little white lie when it’s not that big of a lie. I wonder what it is when it is a big ass lie that leads to irreversible consequences like death? Is it called a little black lie?
Hmm. Where did this saying come from anyway?

Totally wasted breath (or rather, keystrokes). Matty just blanket ignores data on disproportionate killing of unarmed blacks because he can only knock down strawmen that no one in this thread are actually claiming--- strawmen like all cops are outwardly racist or all cops are trigger happy murderers. This is the same "logic" he employs so that he doesn't have to acknowledge something exists unless it's so exaggerated or obviously blatant that it's slapping him in the face, e.g. like his claim that trump couldn't possibly racist because he hasn't met some absurd burden of proof like seeing him wear a white hood or say the n-word, or that trump couldn't possibly be a misogynist because there's not a video of each time trump committed sexual misconduct against 25 women/.

• Love

Last edited: